Hey Frankie look what I bought... :)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be the 60 size boat. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Yep, I doubt anything I have in mind for the boat hasn't already been done in terms of reconfiguration of the front sponsons This boat has the turn fin located on the RH front sponson. The one I built had a straight stainless steel turn fin the mounted to the RH side of the hull sandwiched under the sponson strut.

I don't know if that was a later design change by Octura or customization by whomever built the boat.

Wing Ding 60 Turn Fin.JPG

Should be the 60 size boat. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow
post a few images

This boat has the turn fin located on the RH front sponson. The one I built had a straight stainless steel turn fin the mounted to the RH side of the hull sandwiched under the sponson strut. I don't know if that was a later design change by Octura or customization by whomever built the boat
if I remember correctly, Octura originally positioned the turn-fin between the right-side wing-ding (sponson support) and the fuselage (and not on the sponson itself). This was updated later (to position turn-fin outboard, on the sponson itself)

Shipping delayed probably until Monday. I'll post some pictures and weigh it when it arrives. The pictures posted thus far are screen captures from the eBay auction.

The Wing Ding arrived today. Looks to be a Wing Ding 60. I'm not sure what the engine is, OPS 65/67 probably not an 80.DSCN1879M.JPG

Wing Ding engine is on the left with flywheel. The center and right are ~1975 60's that still should be in good shape. I have several OPS 40 & 60 pipes and a couple of boxes of parts I'll send with them Frank. The World Engines box will come at no extra charge as are the packs of Shamrock Competition Imports spares. You even get an original CEE BEE Marine box in the mix. :)

What kind of shape is the hull in?
Is it what you expected?

I can't express how much I appreciate your more than generous donation Steve !!
You are a good friend, not many people like you left in our sport...

🤜🤛
Thank you very much!

The hull is in great shape. Engine looks to be good as well, compression seems ok. 15 pipes most of them OPS. 40 & 40, some quiet some not and a couple of others.

Thanks for the kind words. I don't sell much anymore, many times it's not about the money - rather give it to somebody that appreciates it if I'm not using anymore. There are exceptions like when I upgraded the lathe, sold the outbound machine for $2K.

I enjoy this sport, cigar smoking and dogs as much for the camaraderie as well as the sport itself - that's 1/2 the beauty of it, go out play with friends and have fun in the community.

Last edited:
RH front sponson was removed for shipping, I'll reassemble and take a couple of pictures of it. It's a good looking boat, came from an estate sale. So, I'll treat it with due respect and let it live on with a fury. This boat won't be silent much longer. I don't buy from pawn shops or divorce sales, but a clean estate sale is ok with me. Energy on the boat feels fine if you know what I mean. No blinking lights in the house! Dogs not barking at it.

I'll get your stuff shipped out this week. You said you may have a wrist pin that would fit in the CMB 1.01 I picked up a while back?

If you do, can I send it on over with the other stuff for an install? Send it back my way with wrist pin installed?

The stuff I'm sending is yours to do with as you please - keep some, sell some, keep all, sell all - I don't care amigo.

The boat's real clean, tanks empty. Engine will turn over by hand so it was flushed out too after last run.

Here's a picture of your pipes. The one low in the picture with holes in the converging cone and flattened stinger is a genuine unfinished Bob Finn quiet pipe project. Some day when we meet again I'll have to ask him why he didn't plug the stinger - probably in a hurry. :)

DSCN1884M.JPG

Of course Steve ! Send the 90 on over and I'll fix you up.

I had to laugh at the negative energy/dogs barking at it !! They can tell, right ?

Hull looks excellent, should be a fun project!

That pipe looks like a Finn invention for sure .. must have made it on the fly, at a race requiring them!!
I'll put the pipes to good use !
Thanks again Steve!

Of course Steve ! Send the 90 on over and I'll fix you up.

I had to laugh at the negative energy/dogs barking at it !! They can tell, right ?

Hull looks excellent, should be a fun project!

That pipe looks like a Finn invention for sure .. must have made it on the fly, at a race requiring them!!
I'll put the pipes to good use !
Thanks again Steve!

I have a couple of pound rescue dogs currently. Have kept a couple of pound dogs in the pack since 2000 as a way to give something back since having such great dogs over the years. I generally have a German Shepherd for security and will probably adopt another puppy next year. I select working bloodline dogs - here's #7 Casey gettin' in done. Ya wouldn't want 115lbs of him hanging off yerass.

Started with protection dogs back in 1973. The first thing they drive home is "Always trust your dog" - they know.

07-11-09_2038.jpg

He's a big ol' dog!!

My rescue has some things she does when she alerts... I'm still working on learning them, but when her ears are up at attention, they are like radar tracking, and I know she is on to something! I swear she can hear people walking down the sidewalk, when she is in the house with the AC on...
She is finally mellowing out some, she was not trusting anyone when we first got her, because she had been shuffled around so much during foster....But I think she knows she is in her forever home now !!

Back