HERE'S A LITTLE SOMETHING I WHIPPED UP IN MY GARAGE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

I would make the top pivot bolt a 10-32. I say that because no matter how much I crank on a steel 8-32 pivot bolt the rudder slightly kicks back during a race. Having more to crank down on would be nice.

TG
Hey Tyler, I like your idea, BUT, if you happen to hit something with the rudder held that tight, I think you'll stand a really good chance of doing some major damage to the back of the boat. Probably something like rip the transom out.

I have run the 8-32/4-40 screw combination for a long time and never had a problem. I would say, if you're really concerned about your rudder moving at high speeds in today's heat racing, I know a simple solution. SLOW DOWN. LOL

Ripped out the back of my transom just like you are saying Steve. Was running in my boat a fly casting pond, I hit one of the PVC casting rings. Tore rudder right out

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I would like to buy two of your pictured rudder assemblies if they are available

Ed Cox 843-928-3877

Thanks

Steve, I would like to buy two of your pictured rudder assemblies if they are available

Ed Cox 843-928-3877

Thanks
Good afternoon Ed, I have the rudder standoffs, but at this time I don't have any rudder blades. With my current work load, it's going to be 4 to 6 weeks before I can work rudder blades into the schedule. When I make them, I will usually make 50 to 100 pieces..

Back