Hello ! New to gas boating

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Davis

I'd like to take a minute and say hello from Cleveland, soon to be FL but yesterday I pulled the trigger on my new Bonzi 64" fountain with a built 30cc and I'm super excited both to share it with yall once it arrives and also rip up some ponds! Don't worry I've got my floaties incase it stalls until I properly learn how to tune lol

Welcome Matt. Hey if you ever want to run with some experienced rc boaters/racers on a first class lake with retrieve boats etc…come on down to Cincinnati on any given Sunday. You do have to be an IMPBA member for insurance reasons. There are guys that come from all over to run with us. It’s only a 4 hour drive. We have some guys that come up from Tennessee on a pretty regular basis, but also from NW Ohio, Indy, Dayton, etc…

Welcome Matt. Hey if you ever want to run with some experienced rc boaters/racers on a first class lake with retrieve boats etc…come on down to Cincinnati on any given Sunday. You do have to be an IMPBA member for insurance reasons. There are guys that come from all over to run with us. It’s only a 4 hour drive. We have some guys that come up from Tennessee on a pretty regular basis, but also from NW Ohio, Indy, Dayton, etc…
I'd love too to get help from very experienced people, maybe not so much racing but just ripping up the lake seeing all the crazy builds that are out there!

I'd love too to get help from very experienced people, maybe not so much racing but just ripping up the lake seeing all the crazy builds that are out there!
That’s pretty much what every Sunday from April through October, sometimes later, is about. We also have fun runs to encourage new boaters etc… Check out the Cincinnati Model Boat Club on Facebook.

Hey Matt and welcome aboard. There is ton of knowledge on this site so all you have to do is ask! Racing or just tearing up the lake like you said I doesn't matter,there's always someone who can help!!
Again welcome
Michael
It's a great feeling to be brought in with open arms! Alot of the forums have hateful people especially Facebook

It's a great feeling to be brought in with open arms! Alot of the forums have hateful people especially Facebook
Some people take this hobby (and maybe everything else in their life for that matter) too seriously. This is supposed to be fun, whether it be racing or just plain running. There are those (not saying necessarily rc guys) that find Facebook empowering from a bullying standpoint as well. Those that would probably not do the same to your face. Get what I mean? Anyway, enough of that. Have fun with this. If you have questions, ask. Don’t be afraid to sound like an amateur either, I still ask what some might think are dumb questions but it’s better to know than not. Ok? I’m actually shocked that there are no clubs in NE Ohio. I looked and at least from the standpoint of Impba, there are not. Plenty in Michigan though and SW Ohio too.

Some people take this hobby (and maybe everything else in their life for that matter) too seriously. This is supposed to be fun, whether it be racing or just plain running. There are those (not saying necessarily rc guys) that find Facebook empowering from a bullying standpoint as well. Those that would probably not do the same to your face. Get what I mean? Anyway, enough of that. Have fun with this. If you have questions, ask. Don’t be afraid to sound like an amateur either, I still ask what some might think are dumb questions but it’s better to know than not. Ok? I’m actually shocked that there are no clubs in NE Ohio. I looked and at least from the standpoint of Impba, there are not. Plenty in Michigan though and SW Ohio too.
The motor city club is only 2 hours 40 mins away, only sailing clubs in NE ohio bit I'd definitely be down to drive to hang out with awesome people and rip around all day! Been 4 days and this 4 to 6 week build time is killing me lol I want my Bonzi already 🤣😭

I'd like to take a minute and say hello from Cleveland, soon to be FL but yesterday I pulled the trigger on my new Bonzi 64" fountain with a built 30cc and I'm super excited both to share it with yall once it arrives and also rip up some ponds! Don't worry I've got my floaties incase it stalls until I properly learn how to tune lol
What part of Florida?

My fountain is shipping and should be here tomorrow!!!!!!!! P.s. don't ask how much it costs to overnight a 30lb 6 foot box with insurance 😬🥴

Since your new to FL a reminder for you, consider all lakes you might run your boat on in FL to have Aligators in them. Be careful

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back