Hello from SoCal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramit Dayal

Hi Folks- stumbled upon this site. A visit to Lake Chelan a few years ago to attend Mahogany and Merlot peaked my interest in Thunderboats. Conversations over hydrofoil designs and the Allison engine was an incredibly rich an experience and 'my calling' to the boat world. Being able to live that passion through model boats seems a gift that I can't pass on any longer! I have no prior experience in building or operating RC boats (with limited experience in RC planes). A newbie looking to learn from the wealth of knowledge here. Look forward to interacting with you all!

Cheers!
Ramit

I see from your bio you live in Orange County. Go to Legg Lake in El Monte any Saturday or Sunday and I'm pretty sure you will see plenty of guys running gas boats.
JD

Ramit, July 16&17 there is a district 19 race at Legg Lake. It would be great to meet you!
Saturday the 16th is when the Thunder Boats will be running, come check it out!

Hi Don- thank you for sharing this timely headsup! Inclined to be there on the 16th. Look forward to meeting you as well!

I see from your bio you live in Orange County. Go to Legg Lake in El Monte any Saturday or Sunday and I'm pretty sure you will see plenty of guys running gas boats.
JD
Jerry- apologies, seems I missed your message. You are spot on with the suggestion as I found through the recent responses. Thanks for taking the time and interest on my post!

Jerry- apologies, seems I missed your message. You are spot on with the suggestion as I found through the recent responses. Thanks for taking the time and interest on my post!
My daughter lives in Irvine. On several occasions, I've stayed with her and drove up to Legg Lake for a model boat event.
JD

Ramit
Here is a screenshot where you enter the race site at Legg Lake.
Its on Rosemead Blvd. Drive thru the green gate . On race days the gate is open.

See you
AlexLegg Lake Entrance.JPG

Back