HEAD BUTTON

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people use a form tool ground to the half shape they want to make the combustion chamber. This is held in the tool holder of a lathe and allows you more freedom in making different bowl shapes, with different radius and different sizes instead of the just the half round and the size that the ball mill does for you.

A form tool is cheap also very easy to make and use.
Just another option if you like options........:rolleyes:

Charles

If your making them for standard glow plugs, make sure your drill is drilling on size. There is not much there for thread depth. I actually use a .213” drill for my custom heads. This is a little tighter than a chart calls for. Jeff Lutz

Whats the thread size & angle on the O'DONNELL turbo plugs
Alan
The angle is 60 degrees and the thread is M8, I’ll have to check my taps for the pitch. I use a modified countersink and center drill to cut the angle. I wash out one side of the center drill and turn it into a single point cutter, I did this to eliminate chatter and get a good sealing surface.

Alan
The angle is 60 degrees and the thread is M8, I’ll have to check my taps for the pitch. I use a modified countersink and center drill to cut the angle. I wash out one side of the center drill and turn it into a single point cutter, I did this to eliminate chatter and get a good sealing surface.
Alan the pitch is .75

Thanks, John

Back