Head button material preference?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The roots blower idea has nothing to do with rising cylinder pressure like what is was designed for on a normal eng.
It has to do with controlling flow threw the 2 stroke eng at all times.
Marinating the same case flow and press profile in one revaluation at all RPM's.
It would be mechanically attached to the crank.
No more suck and blow...........no more trying to suck every last drop out of the case with the pipe.
Timings and pipe design would have to change to take advantage of it.
Scavenging and port lay out would take a whole different look.

The roots blower idea has nothing to do with rising cylinder pressure like what is was designed for on a normal eng.
It has to do with controlling flow threw the 2 stroke eng at all times.
Marinating the same case flow and press profile in one revaluation at all RPM's.
It would be mechanically attached to the crank.
No more suck and blow...........no more trying to suck every last drop out of the case with the pipe.
Timings and pipe design would have to change to take advantage of it.
Scavenging and port lay out would take a whole different look.
I was curious how it was driven. Did you find out the physical size of the unit ?

Get on it !
Some day when I do not have to wake up and listen to my ass hole boss bark at me and all the 12 year old girl union line men whine at me I will.
Thy got five more years to beat me up then it my time...............................................

Screw blowers are good for pressure ratio and efficiency, but Eaton is currently making some of the best superchargers with their TVS (Twin Vortices Supercharger) design. Eaton TVS blowers I noticed the Conley blower is a sliding vane style blower.

The problem with any centrifugal/Roots blower is the efficiency falls off drastically when scaled down to the displacements and diameters we talk about needing for our small engines. The friction losses, weight penalty and poor efficiency cannot make up the performance deficient.

Think about the drum intake on are small eng.
Just a bushing and a drum.
How much friction loss you think that has?
Now replace that with a vain pump riding on two bearings.
You know like the PTO on the backwards Nova?
It dose not need to make pressure so it will be efficient enough to just move a volume of air.
Think of it as a positive intake valve that maintains constant flow.
No more timing the disk or drum to play with to control the case flow and pressure or the vacuum from the pipe to help keep things moving.
No more pules signal to the carburetor. Just a even flow with out the pules from the case as the case will be separated by a vain at all times from the carb.
Open you mind and look at it in this way.
It is just a pump supplying a volume of air with very little pressure if any.
Think about how you can then put the runners any place you want in the case or out side the case because you are not dependent on the piston to supply the pumping pulse.
It opens up a whole different way of looking at a 2 stroke eng.
Just some thing for you all to chew on..........................................
Your buddy DING DONG DAVE.............................................
P.S. I just get a piece of brass off ebay to make my buttons.

Last edited:
Vane compressors also have internal compression. Small roots or screw compressors have large leak paths in small sizes compared to vanes, but vanes have higher friction losses. The third type of compressor that I think would be useful is the liquid sealed compressor originally made by Nash. Fuel could be the liquid with a metered amount joining the air into the engine. These are the easiest pumps to build and require almost no precision except at the seal face. It only needs to be flat with a low clearance set by shims. I've rebuilt the vacuum pumps in my office several times. Swirling the liquid does create drag, but the seal is close to perfect. It would be easy to build one in model sizes that would work at our engine rpms.

Lohring Miller

Vane compressors also have internal compression. Small roots or screw compressors have large leak paths in small sizes compared to vanes, but vanes have higher friction losses. The third type of compressor that I think would be useful is the liquid sealed compressor originally made by Nash. Fuel could be the liquid with a metered amount joining the air into the engine. These are the easiest pumps to build and require almost no precision except at the seal face. It only needs to be flat with a low clearance set by shims. I've rebuilt the vacuum pumps in my office several times. Swirling the liquid does create drag, but the seal is close to perfect. It would be easy to build one in model sizes that would work at our engine rpms.

Lohring Miller
Now that look very interesting.

Back