GX2 Gas Rigger options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don McKinney

After reaching out to my local district it turns out no one races c or X class nitro riggers here.

There is a vibrant group of G1 & GX2 gas riggers though so I am changing my plan to go in that direction.

I heard the following boats mentioned but know nothing about them. If anyone has any info on which are the preferred hulls these days I would enjoy hearing about it and why? Also what are the hot motors for these? Totally out of my element on gas.

Andy Brown GX

Blazer Slingshot

Insane boats

Jaguar Hydros

Ricco Riggers

Last edited:
I also got a Slingshot. A friend built it and i finished it. I set it up par the instructions and already on the first run it ran very good and was very fast with a stock prop.

Check out Jims RC Boat dock, there you can find more info on gas riggers in general and there are several built topics from this rigger.

Sling shot can be bought from Brian Blazer, www.blazermarine.com

Good luck,

Attachments

• SSAF4.jpg
    SSAF4.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 78
Before there were custom designed gas riggers, Mike Bontoft modified an Eagle 90 to run a rear exhaust Quickdraw. It was an 80+ mph boat, but the engine was detuned with a butterfly carb for District 8 racing. It easily won the open hydro class against nitro riggers; not because it was faster, but because it could be throttled and consistantly finished.

Lohring Miller

5-29-05 024.jpg

Attachments

• SS-br3.jpg
    SS-br3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 91
  • SS-br4.jpg
    SS-br4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 87
Back