Grim Oh Grim Where Could You Be?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we've got Mike in a giving mood, and we've been given the details to run 50mph. What's the next adjustment we can make to run 55mph? My race philosophy has always been how can we make this go faster. A little more speed can't be too much to ask for. See you soon Mike.

Jay Halbrehder

Hi Jay,

Hope you and your family are doing well.

Ya know... with the power we have in Sport tunnel.. its back to the hulls. Motors are good.. props will never stop being the "KEY" but we are back to the hulls.

I say we have to start flying the boats more. Carl has done this best with the Lynx. More air under the boat. Carls tunnels (the feature not the hull) are deep and wide.

He has the right idea and as we know the boat REALY rocks.. We also know that when upset the air vents from the tunnel and the boat stuffs. They all do it, Carls does it a bit more dramatically as it’s an extra 1/4" out of the water when this happens and typically 3 or more MPH faster then what Im/we are use to.

The VS1 is about as boring a standard design as one can get.. Its got some safe numbers under it and when it comes to winning its good at it.. time and time again.. not on rough water mind you but on “Race Water”..

I have learned allot from the VS1 and truth be told the Nemesis. The Nemesis will heat race at 53 but past that point it’s a crap shoot in the corners. Its not 100% right and like em all.. it likely never will be..

Take care

Grim

Greg,

We never did figure out why I was able to make the kit sponsons work and others could not..

Kowing this was an issue I spent hours and days of testing, re-designing the sponons.

I have formers for the new ones if he wants a set. (this opens a can of worms regarding sheeting a former placement but the new Shoes work very well). Never the less we can get him through it.

Let me know.

Grim

Greg,

We never did figure out why I was able to make the kit sponsons work and others could not..

Kowing this was an issue I spent hours and days of testing, re-designing the sponons.

I have formers for the new ones if he wants a set. (this opens a can of worms regarding sheeting a former placement but the new Shoes work very well). Never the less we can get him through it.

Let me know.

Grim
Well the Nemesis in question is mine... We have even tried moving the motor forward 20mm (Mac Lawless combination) which still balances out as per the specs. Let me know how to get hold of the new formers as I have spent so much time with this boat trying to get it to be able to complete a heat already....

Craig

Eat My Shorts Racing

The team that put the Q back into winning

Craig,

tell your freind....that would be you, to stick a 7.5 on the back of it - beautiful!!!

Sorry Grim, that's probably what you didn't want to hear.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what it needs - a 3.5 set-up on a K&B 7.5 leg - similar to the HTB set-up....just a suggestion. I ran my Nemesis with a 7.5 on the back quite successfully, was a real problem like you describe with the 3.5/lawless.

Gino

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig,

tell your freind....that would be you, to stick a 7.5 on the back of it - beautiful!!!

Sorry Grim, that's probably what you didn't want to hear.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what it needs - a 3.5 set-up on a K&B 7.5 leg - similar to the HTB set-up....just a suggestion. I ran my Nemesis with a 7.5 on the back quite successfully, was a real problem like you describe with the 3.5/lawless.

Gino
Gino,

Well I have done some mods to the Rossi/Lawless 7.5 setup so I think that I will end up with the same problems. The Lawless drives seem to have a lot more lift than the K&B drive and I am pretty sure that is what is the main problem I am having. And then I dont have a boat for my Mac/Lawless.

I dont even own any k&B lower units so really sorta gotta get the boats working with the drives I have

Eat My Shorts Racing

You build it - We break it

wow, quite abit has changed in the last 2 years!! maybe someday ill get back with this wonderful hobby and great friends! Grim, good to see your still rockin brotha!!!

There is one thing for sure about the old Nemesis kit sponsons

They only work "well" with the K+B 21 lower unit..PERIOD..

I have tryed all the others and to date that still holds true..

Grim

I don't have any experience with the kit sponsons, for the Nemesis, I built mine with the updated design. It is with out question the best handling hull I have run in B Tunnel, and will only get better with more stick time and fine tuning.
smile.gif

There will be two of them in Brandon Florida this weekend. :D But for racings sake, they will hover around th 48mph mark.

~James

Latest posts

Back