Good 25/35 cc for races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pierre-Axel

Hello everybody !!!

I'm looking for a good 25/35 cc for my offshore hull (55"), could you give me some advices? I don't which one take : quickdraw, mathé, J&G, Hanson....

I'm living in PARIS / FRANCE, so I continu research on internet, but have you got an internet adress where I could buy it from france?

Tkanks for all.

Pierre-axel ???

Currently there are no clear choices in 35cc engines. The 35cc Quickdraw is only slightly more powerful than their 25cc engine and lots heavier. The 35cc J&G is too new to form an opinion. Everyone I know who has tried a 35cc Mathe has had better luck with a Quickdraw. The Mathe seems to suffer from a lack of low end torque that makes boats hard to launch.

Here the 25cc engines have improved so much in power that the existing 40 inch monos are now too small. This was obvious at the Gas Worlds where the Lazer 45 easily handled the rough conditions that dumped Lazer 40s with the same M&D 260 Zenoahs. I believe that 45 to 50 inch monos will become the norm. The best modified 260 Zenoahs are nearly as powerful as the 25cc Quickdraw and seem to be more rugged. Your hull is still a little larger than what is raced in the US with 25cc engines, but I believe that they would be the best choice.

Lohring Miller

Small hulls can't handle the power of the new crop of zenoah based tuner engines,(internals, plus block and cylinder,Hanson and M&D etc are still zens)much less the high horsepower of pure bred race engine such as the QD or J&G,these 2 engines are right at home in a large offshore hull and would be my choice,if pressed however to choose 1, it have to be a 25cc QD.It may not be as rugged ultimatly as a milder zen based engine but is fully rebuildable,the zen is not, when the cylinder is bad you throw out half the engine,on a QD or J&G you can replace just the cylinder at much reduced cost.

Max

:)

Ok thanks for your advice, and about the shop or internet site to buy, anyone got an idea ????

Pierre-axel

Repairs to both the 35cc and 25cc Quickdraw engines can get quite expensive. Both engines cylinders will be broken if they ingest even small amounts of water. Both engines' pistons will melt if cooling is lost. Similar accidents with Zenoahs result in either no damage or bent cylinder mounting lugs. Replacing a Zenoah cylinder is easy to do and inexpensive. All of the new engines use thin, single rings that may wear much more quickly than in previous engines. A friend's experience with 25cc Quickdraws confirms a short ring life in his three engines, but this could be problems with early production. Check the ring gap and use 6 oz. of a good two-stroke oil per gallon of gasoline.

The Quickdraw is more powerful and that is reflected in their "problems". Even though it uses a Zenoah crankshaft, rod, and ignition system, it mostly a custom built racing engine designed to win. The 25cc J&G is similar, but I have no experience with it. I have owned both a 35cc and 25cc Quickdraw as well as numerous Zenoahs from an early Hanson to the latest hybrids.

Lohring Miller

Here are some prices of components,keep in mind the replacement cylinder price for the Zenoah does not have the porting modifications that are made to the M&D zenoah engine,you would have to have the cylinder modified,with a J&G or QD, the cylinder sleeve is has machine made precision ports already cut into the bore,you don't lose the port timing by changing sleeve like you do with a Zenoah based engines that have the porting done with a hand held grinder.

The longevity of your engine is largey determined by the user,you have to use good oil and keep the water out regardless of the maker,one drop of water will not destroy the entire engine and if you lose the cooling on a Zen the cylinder is scored and is not repairable,where scoring if it occurs on the QD you only have to replace the piston as the sleeve is made of a steel alloy.

The point made is simple to race you need one of these front running engines,however when it comes to Zenoah tuners you have a wide choice of builders and a wide variety of quality and performance,given the shipping cost to your location it would be advantageous to your wallet to consider your engine supplier,the shipping costs may outweigh the benefit of buying any of these engines and investigating sources closer to home may prove a better solution.

Hypertorque----------------------------------

QD 25cc

Complete ready to race- with quick change aluminum racing mounts & choice of drive $ 699.99

with Quick release throttle linkage & coil relocation bracket add $20.00

Options:,SC-320 MEGA Carb :$ 35.oo

No pipe

Hypertorque------------------------------

Rocket City Racing--------------------------

QuickDraw Piston

sku#: QD25PISTON

QuickDraw 25 Piston

Price: US$67.00

QuickDraw Piston Ring

sku#: QD25RING

QuickDraw 25 Piston Ring (Each)

Price: US$5.00

QuickDraw Sleeve

sku#: QD25CS

QuickDraw Cylinder Sleeve

US$133.00

ZENOAH

G-23 stock cylinder :$85 .oo

Single Ring Piston:$ 15.00, High Speed barrel face ring:$ 7.50

M&D

Full-Mod G23 engine/pipe package - $775.

Max

Latest posts

Back