God speed Bob Kensil

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear. Raced with Bob back in his OPC days and then RC at Lambs Farm north of Chicago. Later at Charleston and many days at time trials. A friend we will miss.
Mic

Very sad to hear another well-known and loved boater is now boating in a much bigger pond. I know he will be missed greatly.

I met bob at Phil's hobby shop. We always had fun at the races. One year Bob van wasn't working and he pulled in at the Celina race with his trailer being pulled by The Ford Mustang what a hoot! There was always a way. Rest in Peace Bob.

When Bob moved here from Indiana he was always wanting to run boats. We would go to the lake and many times he would be trying something radical and it would not work well. When he would stick to a tried and true rig it was usually fast. I remember he came to the lake one day with an HTB 260 and a NR 35 Plus motor on it. That boat was stupid fast. Another cool boat he had was a Lee Craft XT 460 with a geared 20 motor on it. It ran really good too. It was sad to see what Parkinsons did to him. RIP

So sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I always enjoyed talking with him to see what new things he was trying out with the outboards he loved so much. He was always nice and respectful and willing to help anyone who asked for it. Our talks usually ended up with us going back to us racing the big boats. His career was much more successful than mine! All of us who knew him will miss him at the races. We send our prayers out to his family and all of his many friends,

Dick Tyndall

I had an opportunity to meet Bob several times when attending events in the Midwest. Great guy, loved tunnel boats, and very supportive of his wife, Karen, and her model boat racing.
JD

Somebody HAS TO have video of Karen falling in the water at the 2006 Intenrats.. LOL.. and bob " Rescuing" her.! O man.. they did provide some memories!

Grim

Somebody HAS TO have video of Karen falling in the water at the 2006 Intenrats.. LOL.. and bob " Rescuing" her.! O man.. they did provide some memories!

Grim
I remember seeing that way back then! The head Witch Of The Waves got wet and didn't melt! :D

God Speed Bob - you where a hell of a racer and good guy. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Latest posts

Back