Gizmo Hot Pipe Header and No Leak Manifold Connection Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
I swiped the attached pics from another forum to show the header and the manifold. I know with a standard slip fit pipe/flange connection, an O Ring goes to either side of the header flange. With my header, there’s no way to get an o ring between the collar that attaches to the manifold and the header flange. There’s room for one on the manifold side and then I see the manifold comes with a spacer that goes between the header and the manifold. So would another o ring go on the lip of the manifold to sandwich this spacer between two o rings or is the one o ring enough? 86DCD517-3B54-4689-A64E-60E5A461324F.jpegBDC85B1D-B6DB-4348-83C6-8EEE658026A9.jpeg

Richjones...well being no instructions are ever included....first toss the thing piece....
I sandwich the header lip with two "O" rings...the one shown is correct....there should be another on the inside of the header lip...then bolt it all the header manifold...if you need a pic let me know

It takes 1 O ring on each side of the lip. Sometimes it's necessary to clean up the weld a bit to allow the flange to move back enough to get the inside O ring in place

Clean up header O.D. so flange will slide back to get oring in the outer cover flange easily.

Might want to get some good brown Viton orings. The orange ones usually won't last very long.

For sure do not use those bolts. You only want to be just through the backplate and still always confirm they are not hitting where they come through.

I have quality brown Viton orings for the QD style headers in stock.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, from what I just recently learned, the hot pipe like yours, uses a smaller diameter o ring than the zippkits, or vision pipes. Gizmo has them..I had to call and find out what to get tho! The standard thickness rings do not fit around the back side of the header, the smaller versions do. Mike

Just to clarify on the pics, I found those pics in another thread and they portrayed what I was trying to ask without me having to photograph mine so I used these pics. If anything my screws could stand to be an 1/8 in.or so longer. I did get a stock o ring behind that flange after grinding on the header but I had to work it in. Almost more trouble than it was worth. And I did order more o rings, no the silicone and viton from Gizmo.

Thanks Guys!

Rich

Latest posts

Back