Getting there. Cleaned up and new clear coat.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the late .45 Machined front and rear sections. Wished my distributor was still alive, i'd have the new one.
yeah, I believe that was the "Got Nitro?" (or "Go Nitro") guy? (I believe his name was Dave?)

Sounds like you have the most updated of the original (1980's era) OPS .45's - with billet front & rear housing, drum valve, updated piston & liner

Yes it was GOT NITRO his name was Dave. That new one has some help from Pico. 6 head bolts two sec. Case bolt on carb. Keep the rod fresh and let it scream
yeah, I have the new "2017" OPS .45 (got it from Dave). It is based on the Picco P45R case, however manufactured at the OPS plant (they purchased the P45R mold from Picco). They literally integrated the exact same (original) OPS .45 piston & liner assy, into the Picco case! (with modified liner porting to accommodate P45R case port passages, etc.,..Notice the size comparison of the old and new crankcases). Consequently, the new engine employs the same bore as the original OPS .45 . And I believe the stroke measurement may be the same as well.

Moreover, the new OPS .45 features an updated billet piston, an updated rod, (balanced) crankshaft, billet aluminum rear housing w/drum valve, head-button, and water-cooled head assy. It incorporates the Picco 6-bolt head configuration. The crankcase cylinder is machined (countersunk) to accommodate the old 4-bolt OPS .45 sleeve (you can see the 4-bolt cut-outs in the top of the sleeve- kind of funky).

Anyway, I'm installing this engine into my 34 year-old Youngblood mono. I'm planning to use an OEM carb from my original Picco P45R marine, modifed by Frank Orlic. We'll see how it runs.

Attachments

• OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_CrankcaseCompare-Old&New_May2017_01.jpg
    OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_CrankcaseCompare-Old&New_May2017_01.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 29
  • OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_CrankcaseSleeve-TopView_May2017_01.jpg
    OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_CrankcaseSleeve-TopView_May2017_01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 29
  • OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_June2018_11.JPG
    OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_June2018_11.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 26
  • OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_Piston&SleeveCompare-Old&New_May2017_01.jpg
    OPS_.45Marine2017-No.1_Piston&SleeveCompare-Old&New_May2017_01.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30
  • OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_01.JPEG
    OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_01.JPEG
    296.2 KB · Views: 31
  • OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_03.JPEG
    OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_03.JPEG
    232.7 KB · Views: 31
  • OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_05.JPEG
    OPS_.45Marine-2017_No.1_April2022_05.JPEG
    252.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
yeah, I have the new "2017" OPS .45 (got it from Dave). It is based on the Picco P45R case, however manufactured at the OPS plant (they purchased the P45R mold from Picco). They literally integrated the exact same (original) OPS .45 piston & liner assy, into the Picco case! (with modified liner porting to accommodate P45R case port passages, etc.,..Notice the size comparison of the old and new crankcases). Consequently, the new engine employs the same bore as the original OPS .45 . And I believe the stroke measurement may be the same as well.

Moreover, the new OPS .45 features an updated billet piston, an updated rod, (balanced) crankshaft, billet aluminum rear housing w/drum valve, head-button, and water-cooled head assy. It incorporates the Picco 6-bolt head configuration. The crankcase cylinder is machined (countersunk) to accommodate the old 4-bolt OPS .45 sleeve (you can see the 4-bolt cut-outs in the top of the sleeve- kind of funky).

Anyway, I'm installing this engine into my 34 year-old Youngblood mono. I'm planning to use an OEM carb from my original Picco P45R marine, modifed by Frank Orlic. We'll see how it runs.
Where do we get ops now? Have 2 hydros set up for ops need a few eng. All my early d's r set up for the narrower ops 7.5's

Where do we get ops now? Have 2 hydros set up for ops need a few eng. All my early d's r set up for the narrower ops 7.5's
go to the "Mantua Model" Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mantuamodelmodellismo/
Click on the "Message" button, ask Max if there are any old or new OPS .45 marine engines and parts available. He will usually respond back within 48 hours. I believe he still has both models (I would prefer the new "2017" version, although the old version still runs good).

Max manages the OPS factory in Italy. He will ship directly, any item in stock.

Last edited:

Hope things ate well for you and yours. Do you have a piston and sleeve for the late model ops 67

Hope things ate well for you and yours. Do you have a piston and sleeve for the late model ops 67
Hello Bill:

Sorry, I have no OPS .67 marine parts. I only ran the OPS .45 marine.

If you wanted, you could message "Max" on the OPS Facebook page (as I mention above), and inquire about OPS parts. I'm pretty sure he has them (especially if you provide him an image of your engine)

Latest posts

Back