Geezer wheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run all kinds of nitro eng with the fly wheel cut down to nothing but the part the belt can barely fit on and never had any problems running any different.
This is not a gas eng any more........LOL
NITRO KING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure maybe if it has the much heavier full circle crank but still barely enough for size of engine.

Is it full circle TK or something similar or a porkchop crank ?
Big difference in the two as far a inertia goes and how much is needed externally to get it started and launched. The full circle TK cranks do spin up nice with minimal vibration compared to porkchops or even CY semi full circle types.

I have more experience with these as gas of course so mostly going off what I know they need and with nitro maybe it can over come but the gas converted to nitro I was messing with still liked a little flywheel weight to even get it started and maintain steady speeds at different throttle settings. A slight blip of throttle and rpm would go to the moon and no stable idle/throttle settings without it.

Be sure to get us some video. :)

Last edited:
Sure maybe if it has the much heavier full circle crank but still barely enough for size of engine.

Big difference in the two as far a inertia goes and how much is needed externally to get it started and launched.

I have more experience with these as gas of course so mostly going off what I know they need and with nitro maybe it can over come but the gas converted to nitro I was messing with still liked a little flywheel weight to even get it started and maintain steady speeds at different throttle settings. A slight blip of throttle and rpm would go to the moon and no stable idle/throttle settings without it.

I cut the fly wheel down to as small as I can on my MAC .21.
There is NO inertia on that small crank.
Never made any difference what so ever on how it launched or ran.
Got a stock pork chop crank with two of the short sides pressed together with a 55mm rod to make it as light as
possible.

Big difference in the two as far a inertia goes and how much is needed externally to get it started and launched. The full circle TK cranks do spin up nice with minimal vibration compared to porkchops or even CY semi full circle types.

It should run like this.

Not driving Miss Daisy with it,,,,,,,,.......LOL

Latest posts

Back