Geezer wheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Who all makes a Geezer wheel or pully with the collet attached to it.
I got one from Gizmos but it is a little to large 1 3/4" OD.
The belt gets little stuck between the hull and the pully.
Any one make a smaller OD set up.
Or one that will take a 8mm belt not the Octura clear belt.

The older style that Gizmo used to sell was 1.5. I think they now are sourcing from TFL. I think Zipp is the same. For that matter, I think most suppliers are. Maybe check speedmaster. So you are pretty left with making your own. I have a couple squirreled away from years ago. I am holding onto those just in case.
Mike

The older style that Gizmo used to sell was 1.5. I think they now are sourcing from TFL. I think Zipp is the same. For that matter, I think most suppliers are. Maybe check speedmaster. So you are pretty left with making your own. I have a couple squirreled away from years ago. I am holding onto those just in case.
Mike
Yes the Zip kits looks the same.
I will call Harry and see what he has.

Well Harry ain't got one either.
So who got one of the 1 1/2" ones thy want to let go of?

Guessing no room in front ?

The small pulley is going to make it tough to start and especially with nitro style belts it may not spin it over.

If any way to get proper size pulley out front it will be much better deal for starting. Then with a front pulley you can use a decent 2L belt since it won't be staying in the boat with Nitro fuel.

I have them for the front. Super light weight. The lightest on the market and the largest OD that will fit through the EZ start holes in the mounts.
Some you have to remove the pulley to get the mount off the engine.

I have some 8mm belts on the way off Ebay.
The clear one we use for nitro will not work I already tested them.
Yes the small pully is not ideal but need just a little more room.
I can not cut down the TFL one most supply now.
The holes thy drilled in it are right at the bottom of the grove for the belt.

I haven't been following your whole thread completely but I just remembered your using the R RCMK block. The front end of those cases is capped off.

The rubber type 2L belts won't work with a captured belt and nitro fuel. Black mess of goo everywhere.

The Speedmaster pulley for the collet end is smaller than the Zipp Kit I believe.

Edit: just saw you discussed that already. Harry is out or hasn't made new one for their new collet yet.

If the pulley won't fit. What are you using for a flywheel ? It isn't going to go without decent amount of flywheel weight.

Is this the engine your working on. With a TK full circle crank you could get away with just a pulley for flywheel weight but still might not launch very easily. With a porkchop crank you would for sure need more flywheel weight.

Machine off the capped up end and put the pulley/flywheel weight at the front. Just have to swap the outer bearing for a sealed bearing if using a straight ended non tapered crank. If ends are tapered then replace that with a rubber seal. Then pulley can be in front and the rubber belt would not be captured on the pulley so nitro wouldn't get to it. May not be enough room though to get to pulley with the belt with the carb in the way I realize too.

I guess you are back to the collet pulley idea but finding a belt compatible with nitro that won't just break. Don't know what the 8mm ebay belts are you referred to. Maybe ? You might wanna just turn up a pulley to fit the Speed Master collet out of brass with some thickness for the weight you are going to need for sure. It must have some more inertia to start, idle and pull away from the beach.

7GYgS4B.jpg

Last edited:
Look at the belt start flywheel on the Bizetamotor web site.

I used one on my BZM engine. It worked well.

Guys I am new to all this gas crank setup for the collet.
Kinda confused on what mounts to what.
So the speedmaster Geezer fits on to the back side collet and the collet mounts to the tapper with the bolt in the middle?
So how dose this BZM work?
It bolts to the tapper with no collet.
Look at the pick of the eng I am setting up.
What will mount to the collet end with a wheel that is smaller than 1 3/4".

The BZM/Speedmaster pulley goes on crank stub and collet goes on pulley stub. A long bolt goes through both and cinches up both tapers. The down side is possible run out stacking taper on taper but they do run fairly true and many have used them successfully as designed.

The ZippKit collet pulley goes up on collet body from the backside after some hex has been machined away so it collet has area wide enough to accept the pulleys width.

A nice brass one made to go up on a Speedmaster collet. About .375" width on the collet with total thickness double that so you have some flywheel effect as you are going to need it if you expect to start and launch it properly. Pretty sure without it the engine will rev instantly but zero inertia to start and launch.
Problem is you need diameter to get it started and not stall out the starter.

Maybe take all the hex off and use the entire width of collet body to support pulley and have some width to it. Interference fit it over the body. Heated and pressed into place over the body. One set screw for good measure. Couple holes in face for a pin wrench to index into for holding the assembly.

Last edited:
A nice brass one made to go up on a Speedmaster collet. About .375" width on the collet with total thickness double that so you have some flywheel effect as you are going to need it if you expect to start and launch it properly. Pretty sure without it the engine will rev instantly but zero inertia to start and launch.
Problem is you need diameter to get it started and not stall out the starter.

Maybe take all the hex off and use the entire width of collet body to support pulley and have some width to it. Interference fit it over the body. Heated and pressed into place over the body. One set screw for good measure. Couple holes in face for a pin wrench to index into for holding the assembly.

Run all kinds of nitro eng with the fly wheel cut down to nothing but the part the belt can barely fit on and never had any problems running any different.
1623777520591.png
This is not a gas eng any more........LOL
NITRO KING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back