GAS tunnel outboard exhaust headers and pipe source ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Hi guys,
just wanting to know a good source for Gas tunnel outboard header pipes for Zenoah and/or tuned pipes, I have a specific BH Hanson outboard pipe and need a header pipe for it, and possibly another tuned pipe,

thanks

Shane

I’ve been looking for the BH Hanson header, as far as I know they are not available and hard to find. We have a few pipes we’ve wanted to try.
The QuickDraw pipe is what we run, it has the traditional outboard bend.

thanks everyone,
I may have to look around for an old Hanson header to utilize the pipe I have, if they are no longer made, any details on the Alan Terry pipe ??

I have a AT pipe on my gas tunnel and a very nice piece and great guy to deal with have not run the boat yet with this pipe so I cannot give you a comparison also have several arrow shark wraparound pipes that I have run on the boat runs low to mid 60s on gps on a 20 lb Lee craft with a 25.00$ 6717/3 prop on it black pipe is the smallest and was worth 3 mph over the other two Arrowshark's the one on the motor on the bench is a prototype of the shiny one in the pictures, I cut the prototype open and removed the baffles it picked up 2/3 mph the shiny one is the prettiest but runs the slowest but have never played with the length on it to give it a fair shot. The AT pipe comes with 3 different spacers for the header and he does a very nice job on the pipe. I will test it in the weeks to come and if it works out I will trim my cowl so the pipe will be able to wrap in front of the motor.

Attachments

• S7300810.JPG
    S7300810.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 63
  • S7300813.JPG
    S7300813.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 63
  • S7300818.JPG
    S7300818.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 57
  • S7300819.JPG
    S7300819.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 56
  • S7300822.JPG
    S7300822.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 56
I have a AT pipe on my gas tunnel and a very nice piece and great guy to deal with have not run the boat yet with this pipe so I cannot give you a comparison also have several arrow shark wraparound pipes that I have run on the boat runs low to mid 60s on gps on a 20 lb Lee craft with a 25.00$ 6717/3 prop on it black pipe is the smallest and was worth 3 mph over the other two Arrowshark's the one on the motor on the bench is a prototype of the shiny one in the pictures, I cut the prototype open and removed the baffles it picked up 2/3 mph the shiny one is the prettiest but runs the slowest but have never played with the length on it to give it a fair shot. The AT pipe comes with 3 different spacers for the header and he does a very nice job on the pipe. I will test it in the weeks to come and if it works out I will trim my cowl so the pipe will be able to wrap in front of the motor.

LeeCraft you say? Where did that hull come from? Very sleek lines.
Do you any contact info for the Alan Terry pipe or pricing? Nice setup!

Hello Brandon, I will get with you later I have his # but my phone is over at my Mom's house I will give it to you later ,other wise he is on FB under ATR racing. A friend of mine had it with a 1.0 K&B on it and I bought it decided to put a gas motor on it and it handles great. Mike Crawford of Woodsutff tunnels loves the thing as him and I go to the pond during the week it runs well full throttle turning just took some tuning and tinkering .

I would also be interested in any contact info for Mr. Terry, as I receive many inquiries about pipes for the gas outboards. BH Hanson no linger sells any pipes, his pipe maker unfortunately died a few years ago. and he has no source.

Hello Brandon, I will get with you later I have his # but my phone is over at my Mom's house I will give it to you later ,other wise he is on FB under ATR racing. A friend of mine had it with a 1.0 K&B on it and I bought it decided to put a gas motor on it and it handles great. Mike Crawford of Woodsutff tunnels loves the thing as him and I go to the pond during the week it runs well full throttle turning just took some tuning and tinkering .
That is super cool, I’m sure its a 1 of 1 too. Boats probably the perfect size for Gas!
Unable to find the Facebook page, if you could post a link I’d appreciate it!

I have the Arrow Shark pipe and other than aesthetics it's worthless. I also have Alan Terry's pipe and it went 1st/2nd at at the 2020 VooDoo race. Wendell Barrow makes a pipe based on an Insane Pipe. He re-configures the pipe to be a forward wrap around as well. Both are very good pipes with the edge going to the Terry Pipe as it is 5 oz lighter.

With what Shannon said about the Arrow Shark pipe I will hope the AT pipe picks up some more MPH and yes I would agree other then the aesthetics I would think just by design the AT pipe would work better so all one can do is test and test and see how it goes. Brandon I am not sure how many Tunnels like this he built I sent pictures to Mike C. when he was at some race to show Tommy but he was not there because of the covid. Yes its to valuable to me to wreck the thing racing it plus there is not much interest in them up here. I just like taking it out and trying different stuff on it. Also have a KRE adapter to run a 91/101 CMB on the Lawless gas drive so I will try that out at some point on this boat or the other 1/4 scale tunnel. Take care and have fun in 2021.

Back