Gas F1 Tunnel boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Pun

Last edited by a moderator:
Check with Paul Renna with the PTi Gas Tunnel. I've put a few PTi's in my collection and do like how they run. His gas boat may be my next boat from him.

Nice looking rides!

Check with Paul Renna with the PTi Gas Tunnel. I've put a few PTi's in my collection and do like how they run. His gas boat may be my next boat from him.

Nice looking rides!
The Paul Renna kit is on my workbench already, this is the new boat for a Quickdraw set up.

Gilbert where you get the Steering rods from..?I like your zippkits tunnel especially..
David, the steering rods are from Lawless Drive Heavy duty steering rod set. Try their website : www.lawlessdrive.com. The whole set up handle the heavy gas engine very well especially with the Servocity Gear set.

The Zippkit tunnel is lighter in wood construction and when fitted with Fast Electric.

Gilbert, is it really a question needing asked! You need one of these! haha

20160629_184830_zpspwxahfac.jpg

20160629_184922_zpslqrzdsjm.jpg

20160629_184930_zpsupa8bqce.jpg

Its 50", wood kit, fiberglass cowling. It has an FE style radio box, but gas is very doable with the way the box is laid out!

It is designed under the Amps-International Hobbies licensing, for Ken at Amps-IH. I will PM you more details.

Thanks, Mike, this is what I am looking for, awaiting for your PM.

What about the other catamaran for twin outboards ? Any plans ?

Gilbert, I am getting the kit timed/ price checked. I will PM you then. Thanks, Mike

The XCat I have been working on is on hold until the Amps Gas Seebold tunnel molds are done. I need to get the molds for that wrapped up this month. Here are some pics of that hull. It will be fiberglass/carbon layup. Mike

The bottom mold is done:

20170130_071140_zps9gkowtbz.jpg

030201718319_zps9mztdy4u.jpg

Hatch plug is ready to make a mold from.
11302016203923_zpsvpz7mzjb.jpg

The original decks were in very bad shape due to a mold making failure about 7 years ago. So I recreated the deck from scratch, and will bond the center section down to this plug, them create the new mold.

1212017213241_zpsfprsjana.jpg

20170221_210034_zps6phjm2r2.jpg

20170222_063130_zps2cawgwcl.jpg

20170222_063137_zpspa3mqtxk.jpg

Mike nice work as always, you know better than most AMPs was great but without the engine the boat is just another boat

So are you planning to make any scale gas outboards?

Or offer a enging cowling that will fit over a gas Zenoah style engine?

Greg Rowe

Yep, This cowling, and there will be a Merc cowl too. This is the MHZ lower, which is also offered with a clutch for gas engines! Mike

20160629_185000_zpsmtximla2.jpg

20160629_184922_zpslqrzdsjm.jpg

Gilbert, I just sent you a facebook message with pricing on the 38" and 50" Amps tunnel kits. Thanks, Mike

Thanks, Mike, got your PM in FB, like to take the 50" kit, send me a total including shipping so that I can PP you the total.

Back