GAS Engine's, Basic Info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe you are running your engines at close to full throttle. We could only get a few seconds of full throttle operation in my cat before the engines seized. At one time I believe we bought all the available AAC piston and sleeve assemblies. We tested more than 6 using different oils and break in techniques. Nothing worked.

Lohring Miller

Liner failure.jpg

I can't believe you are running your engines at close to full throttle. We could only get a few seconds of full throttle operation in my cat before the engines seized. At one time I believe we bought all the available AAC piston and sleeve assemblies. We tested more than 6 using different oils and break in techniques. Nothing worked.

Lohring Miller

View attachment 293035
The heat gasoline produces,over expanding the piston and becoming oval shaped towards the hotter ex port side,,I'm wondering how much a ringed piston changes shape around the crown area and they can seize around the skirt area with a cpl thou clearance ,,So it could possibly work if it was run on methanol,with maybe some cooling holes under the ex port ?

We seized a ringed piston as well. The cylinder was out of round just above the exhaust port giving no clearance in that area. Our other ringed pistons ran fine.

Lohring Miller

siezed piston 1.JPGsiezed piston.JPG

Back