Gas Bag Plumbing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
So I have some Gizmo Bags, a 500ml or two and a couple 250ml bags. These bags have two outlets. I plan on only using one, plumbing that to a tee with one leg going to the carb and the other as a filler valve. I don’t have the standard IV bag plugs on these. What’s a good way to seal these off?

if you have the inserts that go into the bag you can use 2 of them and plug off the fill side and the other will go to the carb, not sure what the inserts look like from gizmo, i use zipp kits bags and inserts

The inserts I have are .260 You might be able to get some 1/4 aluminum rod from home depot to make a plug. Then zip tie it. I just did a test on a piece of 1/4 and it was pretty sung without zip ties.

if you have the inserts that go into the bag you can use 2 of them and plug off the fill side and the other will go to the carb, not sure what the inserts look like from gizmo, i use zipp kits bags and inserts
I don’t have inserts plural. I have one insert, one tee, some fuel line, and a fuel dot. That’s it. So two holes in the bag but nothing to plug one of them. I understand about the zippkits bags, they only have one outlet. I may just get one of those but for now, gonna try to work with what I have.

The inserts I have are .260 You might be able to get some 1/4 aluminum rod from home depot to make a plug. Then zip tie it. I just did a test on a piece of 1/4 and it was pretty sung without zip ties.
So take the 1/4 aluminum and cut off maybe 2 in. and just stick in there? Ok I can visualize that. I’d probably use a zip tie for the heck of it. Thanks Mike!

Lots of ways to skin the cat here, but this works for me.

I use the gizmo brass tube for the fuel line and just a piece of tygon on the other bag outlet. Some folks in our district use tygon on both sides with good results also.

I fill through the tygon tube side, but you can use the tee on your main fuel line if you prefer. I also tighten the tygon side enough to slightly collapse it. Tygon will shrink over time, so considering its only for filing it doesn’t hurt. I used to worry they would leak this way, but I haven't run into an issue yet.

Getting the tubes into the bag can be a little tough the first couple times. I usually cut the bag tubes to length, then use some needle nose plyers to stretch the ID a little. Then use a little rubbing alcohol on the tubes to help them slip into place. Add a couple zip ties and you’re good to go.

Brian

Attachments

• 12BEA726-912A-4BEA-9A62-FD6590ACFEFB.jpeg
    12BEA726-912A-4BEA-9A62-FD6590ACFEFB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

I use the gizmo brass tube for the fuel line and just a piece of tygon on the other bag outlet. Some folks in our district use tygon on both sides with good resu.

I fill through the tygon tube side, but you can use the tee on your main fuel line if you prefer. I also tighten the tygon side enough to slightly collapse it. Tygon will shrink over time, so considering its only for filing it doesn’t hurt. I used to worry they would leak this way, but I haven't run into an issue yet.

Getting the tubes into the bag can be a little tough the first couple times. I usually cut the bag tubes to length, then use some needle nose plyers to stretch the ID a little. Then use a little rubbing alcohol on the tubes to help them slip into place. Add a couple zip ties and you’re good to go.

Brian

COOL, never tried that.

I use the gizmo brass tube for the fuel line and just a piece of tygon on the other bag outlet. Some folks in our district use tygon on both sides with good resu.

Brian
Good stuff Brian thanks!

Back