G3 Backlash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys...I will be checking over everything...I'm looking forward to seeing how the wire drive competes against the other backlash and whiplash that run in our district. I had it running in 2020 but it wasn't cleared and painted till now.. I have to get the back up boat done so I don't beat this thing up.

Propworks 6719-554 or 6819-530.

Strut Neutral @ 7/8 - 15/16” on setup board or any flat surface and you should be very close to perfect.

Good Luck !!

Ronnie King
NAMBA #1223

Thanks Ronnie...I have one in the box!!
Bob thanks for the work you and Brian do it's very much appreciated...I checked the cowl and I'm good to go

Had a good time today at the lake ...brought the family with me ...my son was the camera man...getting the backlash sorted out. Very windy day and I'm hoping that on a calm day she will be ripping it up
Ronnie advice was spot on...after this flip I drop the strut to about 7/8 and it settled it up real good. Thanks bro.

Attachments

• 20220619_164747.jpg
    20220619_164747.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
Had a good time today at the lake ...brought the family with me ...my son was the camera man...getting the backlash sorted out. Very windy day and I'm hoping that on a calm day she will be ripping it up
Ronnie advice was spot on...after this flip I drop the strut to about 7/8 and it settled it up real good. Thanks bro.

What size Hanson motor is that?

It's a namba legal g1 spec modified 25.4 for g1 sport hydro class. In namba we can't stroke the small blocks and make them 26(+1mm) or 27(+2mm). This is the way this particular class is...and it's not combined with any other. It's a very competitive class.

Well the first race didn't bring home any trophies but it was plenty fast. I have some trim issues to work out. I must say the wire drive makes a very strong argument for conversion the acceleration was balistic, the one downside is that the maintenance is more involved than a regular cable...they will break on you and u must have a spare. G3 is a fast boat. The sorting out continues.

Well the first race didn't bring home any trophies but it was plenty fast. I have some trim issues to work out. I must say the wire drive makes a very strong argument for conversion the acceleration was balistic, the one downside is that the maintenance is more involved than a regular cable...they will break on you and u must have a spare. G3 is a fast boat. The sorting out continues.

I didn’t race. I injured my hand on July 4th trying to load a cooler on to a pontoon boat that was beached on some rocks. (Wasn’t my idea to put it there). Anyway, lost footing and my left hand went out instinctively to break my fall and hit a jagged rock full force. It gashed the palm of my hand open about 2 inches down by the heel of my hand on the ring and pinky finger side. On top of the cut my hand hit hard and there’s some soft tissue damage or bone bruise and it’s making it hard to use my left hand for anything substantial. It is on the mend slowly but loading stuff in and out and putting up easy up etc wasn’t in the cards for me unfortunately. I did attend and was the scorekeeper for the 75 heats on Saturday and the 3 that they ran on Sunday before they shut it down altogether.

Sorry man, Bruce Jacobs with the Indy Club, has the points. I just kept track as the heats progressed. I’m not sure what they are doing about posting them anywhere. The race was good for D2 AND D14 points.

Quick update....boat is getting faster....tried 6719/3 554 and a 7217/2 450 last Sunday and changed out the rudder and I definitely saw a difference. The 3 blade settled the boat more than the 2 blade, but the 2 seemed faster....GPS will have to tell the difference. Last thing I think I need to do is get the steering rod captured.

Back