FUTABA USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Grim have you had a chance to use the GPS telemetry sensors? What’s the difference between the SBS-01G an -02G

I tested both GPS units by driving around with them both operating while watching them track the speed of my car (with a little help from my wife). They both responded at the exact same time and with exactly the same speed, which was identical to what was on my car's speedometer. We concluded that the added accuracy is probably a better pressure sensor for altitude, which we don't need.

The only thing I wish Futaba would do with the GPS sensor is have the transmitter keep the previous speed in non-volatile memory. As it stands now, if you turn the transmitter off, you loose the last maximum speed. It would be nice if it could be stored somehow for each model.

I think you can wright to a memory card.. not sure how it separates boats or if it can.. I will have to spend some time with it. I was messing with it last week but ran out of time.

Grim

Bob,

page 31 in your manual.. to summarize you can take a screen shot (Image) of your radio screen and it will place it in the USB cards memory. Having said this the entire run can be logged.

Grim

Bob,

page 31 in your manual.. to summarize you can take a screen shot (Image) of your radio screen and it will place it in the USB cards memory. Having said this the entire run can be logged.

Grim

Mike, that looks like the answer. I just ordered a micro SD card from Amazon and will see how it works out.

you will like it.. I have a SD card in mine but have not setup a switch to do a screen capture.

This radio is incredible!

Enjoy!

Grim

I have a Futaba 3 PMx transmitter that has a busted antenna.

Can someone tell me how/where I can get a replacement?

The 3PMX had weak antennas and no replacements available. Another option, which I did to both of mine when they broke at the joint, is use silicone gasket maker such as Permatex and glue it into the upright position, assuming the antenna wire is okay

I wonder if the 4PMs antenna can be taken apart and used. Seems to me the pivot joint breaks on the 3PM. maybe 4PM antenna can be made to work.

Just a thought.

maybe.. if anybody has a 3PM they are willing to part with, loan me, maybe sell me...... I bet I can design a solution to fix this.. I suspect 3D printing an ABS part is right up my ally too!

Grim

maybe.. if anybody has a 3PM they are willing to part with, loan me, maybe sell me...... I bet I can design a solution to fix this.. I suspect 3D printing an ABS part is right up my ally too!

Grim

Mike, many of us in D2 use multiple layers of shrink tubing to repair in straight up position. I actually start at the large square and work from there. Shrink tube is available in various shrink rates and thickness as well as having an adhesive in side.
Thanks John

John,

Very good.. just would be nice to have it collapse for those wanting to put it in a case.

Grim

I simply replace my yellow tape annually to strengthen the antenna. Has worked for 8 years now. Hinge broke like most do.

A durable - 3D printed hinged part would of great interest.

Does anyone know if Futaba has plans to keep selling the 603FS receiver? Been out of stock for awhile on their site.

Last edited:
I simply replace my yellow tape annually to strengthen the antenna. Has worked for 8 years now. Hinge broke like most do.

A durable - 3D printed hinged part would of great interest.

Does anyone know if Futaba has plans to keep selling the 603FS receiver? Been out of stock for awhile on their site.

Duke,
Mark Bullard told me the 603’s we’re going away. I don’t know the timing but a call to Futaba would confirm.
John

Duke,
Mark Bullard told me the 603’s we’re going away. I don’t know the timing but a call to Futaba would confirm.
John

I will someday need to update. Not sure why such a good product needs to go away. Obviously I will need to update. Its hard to make the switch to FHSS from the Fasst system when I have seen issues with boaters and their FHSS systems.

Is there a current Fasst system that can be run with two receivers for redundancy?

Wish new radios would work with the 603FS. I would buy one today. I just cant justify upgrading a dozen receivers when they still work flawlwssly.

I did talk to Futaba and from what I learned is it was not known. I asked when they would be getting them back in stock. They "weren't sure" Not a good sign.

Latest posts

Back