FUTABA USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worth mentioning. the Futaba GPS unit also included a barometric sensor. The barometric sensor is used for altitude and the GPS sensor for location and speed. The instructions with either the SBS-01G or the SBS-02G state not to enclose the unit in a sealed container. The “altitude” sensor with in the unit needs open air to since atmospheric differential. Luckily in RC boating we don’t care about altitude.

So.. what does this mean..

We CAN tape the GPS unit into our radio boxes. We will not be able to use the altitude sensor but the GPS sensor will work just fine.

The difference between the SBS-01G and the SBS-02G is the accuracy of the ALTITUDE sensor. So again.. the SBS-02G is just not needed in RC boating.

FUTABA, Click the switch, Trust and ENJOY!

Will this GPS work with my 4 GRS radio ?

Oly, It is my understanding it will not.. but its been some time so it might be worth a call to Futaba USA

I loved the 4PLS however the Antenna design is not good. $70 to fix two different times as they say the antenna runs through the grip so I had to send it in. Sam the problem we were having it the base of the antenna, if it hit anything it would snap off, thats why I went to the 4 PV which I believe the 4PM replaced the 4PV.

I loved the 4PLS however the Antenna design is not good. $70 to fix two different times as they say the antenna runs through the grip so I had to send it in. Sam the problem we were having it the base of the antenna, if it hit anything it would snap off, thats why I went to the 4 PV which I believe the 4PM replaced the 4PV.

Gotcha. I seen Tom David with the 3PV. Has he had any problems with it?

My new 4 pm just arrived from a main. Can’t wait to learn these radios. I’ll be asking lots of questions in mendota.

Gotcha. I seen Tom David with the 3PV. Has he had any problems with it?

The Futaba high end radios continue to amaze me with all their features. In my opinion-most features benefit the wheel vehicles. That’s just my opinion.
The 3pv has never failed me.
Response and range have been spot on.
If your into telemetry and high end features, then this is probably not your radio.
But if your looking for a solid boat racing radio,
This one is hard to beat.
I have not seen any 3pv radio cause a problem at a race.

Tommy David

Last edited:
Futaba Fans.. this is COOL!

The new 7PXR is very much a 7PX BUT.. has this KILLER display... . still has FASST capability too!

https://futabausa.com/product/7pxr/

Stands for "Thin Film Transistor." These transistors are used in high-quality flat panel liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). TFT-based displays have a transistor for each pixel on the screen. This allows the electrical current that illuminates the display to be turned on and off at a faster rate, which makes the display brighter and shows motion smoother. LCDs that use TFT technology are called "active-matrix" displays, which are higher-quality than older "passive-matrix" displays.

Yep, ordering mine tomorrow thru the LHS (hopefully or Futaba direct) with case and accessories, gonna burn a hole in my wallet but I’ve always wanted a solid real time GPS capable radio. Thanks Grim for all your recent advice!

Wallster

One thing is for sure Marty.. he WILL BE looking good at this years races..

Grim

Last edited:
7PXR sexy new TX, got one on its way. It always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission Lol. I thought I would never stray from Sanwa but didn’t care for the M17. .

Grimracer I know this TX has a lot of rx options do what would you recommend for my Gasser and nitros? Do all Futaba rx’s have batt fail safe or certain ones?

Mike,

The R324SBS or R334SBS (ether or) are the two you should consider. Both have Fail safe capability. Make sure you do not get the E versions of those RXs however.

If you want redundant RXs like some use on a twin.. you will need the R614FS FASST receivers. (Just tossing that out however this might not be the case)

ENJOY!

Grim

Thanks Grim, that helps. I’m aware of the E version will work for (E)lectric cars,trucks, ect indoor racing applications because of the short antenna. What about 304SB or R2004GF, not fail safe rx side but will the work on the TX fail safe?

The 304 will from what I remember but I am not sure about the R200.. I have never used that RX. (I will do some digging for ya to verify all of that)

I have stopped using non-diversity RXs in RC boating applications. (if you choose to use one please consider the 400mm RX antenna.. truth is I use them on all my setups regardless)

Thank you for choosing Futaba. I will get back to you as soon as I learn more.

Grim

Mike.. here is the skinny as far as I can tell.

The 7PX.. likey the R too.. can fail safe any of the receivers they offer. There are limits to some of them, There are two types of failsafes.. both loss of signal and low RX battery. Again, some have limits. for instance the in fasst mode you can only effect channel 2 (Throttle).

If I capture any more info I will post it here..

BTY.. I am not sure about the R but failsafe functions can be found on page 58-59 of the 7PX manual. I suspect the information on the R will be very close to that.

Kind Regards

Grim

Latest posts

Back