Futaba SBS-02G

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckshot

Anyone using the Futaba SBS-02G gps sensor with success? I can’t get mine to ready accurately at all. It’s like I need to turn the sensitivity down as it spikes and reads nearly max speed every run.
I have it mounted to the radio box lid with a clear sight glass for an unobstructed view to the sky.
image.jpg

Mine works fine like this.

Attachments

• 14C49014-4E3E-4475-822D-1FA742E2C904.jpeg
    14C49014-4E3E-4475-822D-1FA742E2C904.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Mine works and it’s under a clear Lexan cover. Buckshot you need to expose the sensor more the carbon fiber is interfering with signal. Martin’s looks completely exposed.F51E573A-03A1-4B10-ABFB-7972ACD1AC4B.png

Last edited:
Okay I'll make my "window" bigger and try it again.

Tyler I'm using a 7PX

Mike, I’m guessing but I think Tyler is wondering if the 4PX supports GPS telemetry. As you know I asked you about the 4PM which does not support GPS but does support other telemetry functions.
Thanks John

Sorry tyler.. I did not catch that.. (thick in the head).. your right.. only the 7 series allow the use of GPS.

John, I have not heard anything yet.

Grim

Ours work fine even with no window and through carbon fiber lids on 10 different boats. Every now and then (like 1 in a 100 times) it will glitch and say we were going 350 mph. We just turn it off and start over and it works fine. I know its not supposed to work through the carbon fiber, but it just does for us.

Back