Futaba SBS-02G

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Buckshot

Anyone using the Futaba SBS-02G gps sensor with success? I can’t get mine to ready accurately at all. It’s like I need to turn the sensitivity down as it spikes and reads nearly max speed every run.
I have it mounted to the radio box lid with a clear sight glass for an unobstructed view to the sky.
image.jpg

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
You might need a bigger window?

I ended up going to a black fiberglass lid for my Eagle Tree.

Mikemalloy

Mine works and it’s under a clear Lexan cover. Buckshot you need to expose the sensor more the carbon fiber is interfering with signal. Martin’s looks completely exposed.F51E573A-03A1-4B10-ABFB-7972ACD1AC4B.png

Last edited:

Buckshot

Okay I'll make my "window" bigger and try it again.

Tyler I'm using a 7PX

John Beardslee

Anyone know the difference between the 01G and 02G Futaba sensor? Other than price.
Thanks John

Brian Sorgente

The general consensus from what I've read seems to be accuracy of altitude readings for flying planes. So no real benefit for us boaters.

Brian

John Beardslee

Mike, I’m guessing but I think Tyler is wondering if the 4PX supports GPS telemetry. As you know I asked you about the 4PM which does not support GPS but does support other telemetry functions.
Thanks John

John Seybold

Grim, any idea if Futaba will be releasing a new radio soon? Seems like in the past once an “R” series was released a new model follows.

RaceMechaniX

Yeah I was inquiring if the GPS sensors only work with the 7PX. Last I recall the 4PX and other models did not support the GPS sensors.

Grimracer

Sorry tyler.. I did not catch that.. (thick in the head).. your right.. only the 7 series allow the use of GPS.

John, I have not heard anything yet.

Grim

BobBonahoom

Ours work fine even with no window and through carbon fiber lids on 10 different boats. Every now and then (like 1 in a 100 times) it will glitch and say we were going 350 mph. We just turn it off and start over and it works fine. I know its not supposed to work through the carbon fiber, but it just does for us.

Latest posts