Futaba R304SB-E question

Help Support intlwaters.com:

MarkScott

Futaba states the R304SB-E is not for GP cars. Ok, no explaination of what GP stands for. Only thing I can think of is Gas Powered. Does that include Nitro powered boats?? Anyone have an idea if this RX would work for boats?

MarkScott

Just got this back from Futaba:

The only difference is, the E version doesn’t have an antenna.

The nitro version has a long antenna to over come the height of the cooling head

Grimracer

Mark.. you are right.. Gas Power.. you DO NOT want to use this RX in a boat..

Grim

Grimracer

BTY.. the 304 is a NON-DIVERSITY RX.. you would not want to use this anyway!

Grim

Hydro Junkie

I've haven't had a problem with my R304SBs . Granted, I don't race as much as a lot of the other people running boats but, with two of my receivers being at least 4 to 5 years old, I can't see spending the money to replace them. I will probably buy the 324 from here on out though

Bill Gibson

I have an r 304sb in a pan car, and a 4wd off road buggy, both are electric.......would these receivers work ok in a FE hydro or mono??

Jake Ellwood

I use 304SB's in my nitro boats....no issue here...not sure what non-diversity means?

Grimracer

Bill they can.. BUT.. if you are going to use this RX please consider the 400mm RX antenna. Better yet.. get a 324 RX and have the 400mm ant put on it and properly install (label up) the RX in the boat..

Jake.. Diversity means.. two antennas.

Grim

Latest posts