Futaba 3PV

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

Anyone use the 3PV. It’s time to update our radios. The 4PM or 4PL is out of stock. Has been for a while.

What receivers would you use?
(4pm)

R304SB OR R334SBS are the receivers currently available for the 4PM.

Any R603 or R614 is also compatible if you had some of those already.

Does the third channel move proportionally or does it only move full throw on a toggle switch?

I haven't had a chance to hook it up to servos yet, but from the instructions it appears to only move from one end to the other with a switch??

If you assign DT3 to channel 3 you have proportional control. If you assign it to SW1 then it will only be a switch. Channel 3 is reversible as well.

Page 17

1EfQK3v.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 3 of them. If you buy any extra receivers watch out as a lot of bad ones got through. A LHS had at least 6 bad ones. If you buy in person have it checked out before you buy, have them plug it in to see if the idiot light comes on.

Good info,,thanks guys. So from what I understand about the 3pv,the 3rd channel is a slide adjuster like a trim switch with a full or adjustable servo sweep when set to DT3 mode ? How much movement is in the switch for adjustability ?,,is the 4pm the same,,,Old stick guy here looking to try a wheel lol

I was looking at purchasing the 4PM but the specs say the maximum range is 100 meters unless you get the MINIT system. Futaba doesn't say what that is or how to get it. Anybody up on this?

If I have to spend that kind of money I might go with the Airtronics/Sanwa so I can get the waterproof receivers.

Not sure where you are reading that.. but its would be MINIZ.. not MINIT.. Futaba USA under the TX only does state MINIZ

Grim

BTY.. 100m is the "Standard" range call out for all the full distance surface stuff
Not sure where you are reading that.. but its would be MINIZ.. not MINIT.. Futaba USA under the TX only does state MINIZ

Grim

Hug.. says MINIT too.. that is indeed a typo!

I was digging around and found this.....

Details
This is a Kyosho Futaba 4PM 4-Channel 2.4GHz Mini-Z Evo Radio System with Mini-Z Receiver Unit, intended for use with Kyosho Mini Z RC cars. SR system does not support telemetry function. *R304SB and R304SB-E are not compatible with SR system.

Just get a Flysky Noble NB4. You won't regret it. NB4 — FlyskyRC
Check out the specs. It's all that and more. I upgraded from my 3pmx to this radio and couldn't be happier. I did a range test with the fgr4 receiver and was at nearly a half mile away before I lost signal. It has a super simple touch screen set up and even gives you audio warnings. Shows real time signal strength and tx/rx voltage on the home screen. $200 and receivers are around $25 each for the fgr4. Lots of videos on youtube.

I just bought the 3PV and from what I hear it will not even work with a boat. Something about servo speed. It's for sale cheap but I do not have enough posts to sell.

Back