Futaba 3PV

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right MB.. I have seen them used a bunch too... servo speed is not different then any other system.

Grim

I was digging around and found this.....

Details
This is a Kyosho Futaba 4PM 4-Channel 2.4GHz Mini-Z Evo Radio System with Mini-Z Receiver Unit, intended for use with Kyosho Mini Z RC cars. SR system does not support telemetry function. *R304SB and R304SB-E are not compatible with SR system.

MiniZ is a modulation type not a system.. for instance the 7PX supports the MINIZ as well...

Grim

I just bought the 3PV and from what I hear it will not even work with a boat. Something about servo speed. It's for sale cheap but I do not have enough posts to sell.
Ok, this is just my opinion here.
Daniel Place as a general rule post very accurate and valuable information.
This in my opinion is not one of them.
The Futaba 3PV works perfectly fine in a boating application, I have been using one for a couple of years now.
To say a radio is unusable just because you can't adjust servo speed, is bad advise.
I think in my 30 some odd years of boating, I have used that once.

Last edited:
looking at the 4PM manual (page 53) you CAN adjust servo speed.. I would "Doubt" one can with the 3PV.. none the less if you are using SBUS servos you CAN adjust them to work with ANY Futaba system.. even the older FASST stuff.

Grim

Not sure this video will clear things up.. but.. I do talk about servo speed using Sbus.. This does not deal with the 3PV specifically BUT.. you can adjust Sbus servos AND they will work with any Futaba system... Even the older FASST stuff..

Grim

right MB.. I have seen them used a bunch too... servo speed is not different then any other system.
Grim
looking at the 4PM manual (page 53) you CAN adjust servo speed.. I would "Doubt" one can with the 3PV.. none the less if you are using SBUS servos you CAN adjust them to work with ANY Futaba system.. even the older FASST stuff.
Grim

The lack of being able to turn down the turn and return speed is HUGE disadvantage. Most other modern computer radio's have had servo speed setting to slow it down for 10 years or more. Some people really turn it way down and majority couldn't drive very well without it.

Don't know how we got along without it. Lol.

What is the cheapest S-Bus servo with enough torque for steering ?

Would it make any sense to buy a cheap radio without steering speed and have to buy $150 servo to program the speed. Probably not in the budget.

Last edited:
I bought a 3PV to use on a gas scale just assuming it had a servo speed feature. Ooops.. A lot of people said that servo speed is very important in this application so you can slow down the throttle return to keep the motors from dying when you get out of the throttle.

One of my new 1/8th scale nitro boats was making super fast 90 degree turns (almost undrivable) and I was able to take 30% of the servo speed out at the transmitter and the problem was solved, without touching the linkages.

I just went with the AirTronics/Sanwa so I can use the waterproof receivers. Too bad Futaba doesn't see the need to make some waterproof receivers.

I guess I'm not that sensitive of a driver to have to worry about servo speed. I have always been able to dial in or out any bad habits with either the linkages or the exponential function on the radio....

I don't think I ever have been concerned about servo speed or have it shut down the motor by being too fast... In fact I prefer to have a super responsive trigger finger !! 👉

Back