Fun Vintage stuff

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

I have a BUNCH of vintage hobby kits.. parts.. here at Dons Hobby shop... and maybe it's time to share some of that info.. please feel free to post comments and any knolage you might have.. I will try to post something now and then..

Attachments

• 20210108_202838.jpg
    20210108_202838.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • 20210108_203001.jpg
    20210108_203001.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 162
Loved my Carl Goldberg Shoestring, Stunt Master, Little Toot, a couple Lil Satans, and Beechcraft Staggerwing (maybe not CG?) It was a hoot doing some combat flying with my buddies flying Lil Satans, always repairing the damage after a day of combat LOL

The kit shown is NIB.. super clean and a very nice piece. It might be the only... no.. I do have a new Muck U-100 kit.. (I/8 scale Circus Circus hydro)

A few notes.. EVERYTHING at Dons Hobby Shop is for sale..

BUT......... there are rules

You have to come in person to buy the item
You have to pay via beer cap (I dont drink beer in cans)
The item you purchased never leaves the store

Read in... we take donations.........

Wally.. I am also a Carl Goldberg fan..
I have a few kits.. one of my favorites is my NIB Little Toot.. and part of the reason is I have the original velum penciled drawings that Carl did for the plane.. (YES. the very first sketches!)

Bill, Will do.. i have quite a bit of stuff.. likely crap most people have not seen and or forgot about a LONG TIME AGO!

More to come.. Grim

Grim

I have that Nobler kit nib, nice blast from the past.
love the goldberg kits, built many of them.

Awesome.. I have had a few as well.. here is a shot of one of my cases.. lol..

Attachments

• 20210107_174931.jpg
    20210107_174931.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 146
Any chance of a NIB Dumas Hot shot ?
That was my first ever boat.... Stock 3.5 K&B.
It probably weighed 12 lbs... 🤣

I was too embarrassed to take it out of the truck when I first met with the club in Houston... I was watching Joe Dugas run a yellow OPS .21 powered Husselcraft mono out on the water ripping around the course and I thought to myself... man, you brought a sharpened stick to a gunfight!

Turned out, I left the pond that day with that little yellow .20 mono in the backseat....:)

Last edited:
Kinda figured you would appreciate this Grim-
Stopped by my brother's house today and he a a few cool old school kits he has been collecting.
Told him about your place, you guys would hit it off. Although its not Dons, it a working shop- but there are old kits for days :cool:

Attachments

• 20210109_122401.jpg
    20210109_122401.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20210109_122407.jpg
    20210109_122407.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 51
  • 20210109_122410.jpg
    20210109_122410.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Nice stuff.. I have the beach.. I have built a number of Parasols.. The Thunderjet is very nice.

I have to say. I have received a number of cool items donated to Dons. Marty Slater is my number one picker!... Having said this MANY people have donated.. and i have invested a fair amount (dont tell Shelia) as well.. LOL

The entire Hobby Shop is a tribute to the man that inspired me as a kid to be involved. (Long sorry... best over a fire and a beer)

I can hear Don now.. (Stop opening all those match box car boxes!).. then.. as I got older.. this is how you apply Dope... or.. this is made of bake light.. or............... your Valve Gear is in for your 2-4-2.

Grim

More to come.

Nice stuff.. I have the beach.. I have built a number of Parasols.. The Thunderjet is very nice.

I have to say. I have received a number of cool items donated to Dons. Marty Slater is my number one picker!... Having said this MANY people have donated.. and i have invested a fair amount (dont tell Shelia) as well.. LOL

The entire Hobby Shop is a tribute to the man that inspired me as a kid to be involved. (Long sorry... best over a fire and a beer)

I can hear Don now.. (Stop opening all those match box car boxes!).. then.. as I got older.. this is how you apply Dope... or.. this is made of bake light.. or............... your Valve Gear is in for your 2-4-2.

Grim

More to come.
As long as the beer is in a bottle.
JD

I built this 30 years ago.. has a TD in it...never been fired.

Attachments

• 20210109_080453.jpg
    20210109_080453.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
  • 20210109_080448.jpg
    20210109_080448.jpg
    964.8 KB · Views: 83
I didn't do boats back when I was younger, but started out with U control planes I even won a local contest when I was 14 . Surprised the crap out of me.
Started combat flying when I was in Korea, the only good competition I had was two officers, and they were good as the had been flying combat several years, but in the 13 months I was in Korea I was able to beat them with no problems, I would buy the flying wings with a fox 35, can't remember the name of the wing, but they were cheep at the PX and I would buy 3 at a time cause the did not last very long, could build one in about 3 hrs ready to fly, When I came back to the states I started racing dirt track until I got t-boned and knocked out and my wife said me or that damm car, (Still have the same wife 56 years) so the car went, and she bought me my 1st boat a dumas Atlas Van lines and everything that went with it. Took me all winter to build it and thought it was really fast so I went to Ft. Wayne, In. and found out it was not that fast, Steve Ball took me under his wing and helped me, and the rest of the story is I still love the boat racing.
Walt Barney

Walt.. that is the reason for this thread.. awesome history..and a lovely wife you have... be well my friend.

MAN! When I think back to how much fun I had taking a shoe lace to that tiny flywheel, covered in Thimble Drone fuel playing with that little hydro for hours......yep! With beer and fire we could tell some fun stories.........these "hobbies" kept me out of trouble........I find myself grateful!

I didn't do boats back when I was younger, but started out with U control planes
i guess that is telling of our age. I grew-up building and flying U-Control planes. From Cox (plastic) kits, to kits manufactured by Sterling, Carl Goldberg, Sig, Midwest, etc.,..We learned real building skills. But they were a lot of fun to fly as well.

My dad flew RC aircraft- Goldberg Falcon w/Merco .35, Orbit radio's.

Latest posts

Back