Fuel tank foam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chris-

I had wondered about that years back, too.....the only thing that concerned me

was how much actual fuel volume would the foam defeat, and what effect would

the nitromethane have on it, especially over time.... would it degradate over time

and clog the system?....

Also, the hopper seems to help an even fuel flow down to just about the last drop.

tim

Has anyone ever tried using fuel tank anti slouching foam inside of their fuel tanks instead of using a hopper tank? I’m just curious how it worked out.
Chris, it's not about the fuel foaming, it's about the engine thinking the tank is full all the way through the race, hence the header tank.

Steve Ball

Tim, yes I was concerned about the fuel eating the foam also.

Steve, I agree. I’m not concerned with the fuel foaming. I considering different ways to get a consistent fuel feed with no air bubbles without a hopper tank.

Chris, some years ago I put stainless steel brillo type pads inside brass sheet fuel tanks and it worked well. How long did I use that arrangement? Don't recall that. I would flush the tank with alcohol after running the boat.

A hopper or burp tank will still change what the engine sees as the main tank runs down - those physics remain constant.

Back