Fuel bag setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan calabrese

Been in nitro for over 40 years building my first gasser a slr missile can someone have a pic of the proper setup for the gas bag I'm sure I got it right but just want some pics for direction cause after years of tanks a bag is a whole new concept for me I'm also running a zipp bag which has one fitting into the bag using a tee for one to carb other for the fill will filling this way with the tee fitting force fuel into the carb and flood it

Been in nitro for over 40 years building my first gasser a slr missile can someone have a pic of the proper setup for the gas bag I'm sure I got it right but just want some pics for direction cause after years of tanks a bag is a whole new concept for me I'm also running a zipp bag which has one fitting into the bag using a tee for one to carb other for the fill will filling this way with the tee fitting force fuel into the carb and flood it

It's fine here is a picture of my set up

Attachments

• 20210518_095404.jpg
    20210518_095404.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 106
Bryan, may be show us a picture of your intende set-up? This way we can advice. The general going type as Mario and Emil posted is a T or Y connector, one leg to the bag, one leg to the carb and one leg with a short piece of capped tube to refuel and degas. But I've also seen version with just a quick disconnect so that there is no T or Y connector just an staright one. Fueling and degassing is a bit more complicated, but not impossible....

With a diaphragm carb/pumper carb I don’t think you can push gas through the carb while filling the bag. Hardest part to learn with a bag is to fill it with no air bubble in the bag.

Where can I get one of those blue valves for filling the bag?
thanks Olly

If you google Jerseymodelers you can view all of his products on his website everything you need for your fuel bag and your fuel jug is in the attached pic

Email Dean kraus the owner of Jersey Modelers he will set you up with everything you need

[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I make fuel bag fittings with all styles of outlets all in one fitting.

I make them specifically to fit a Zipp Bag with the insert portion reduced .005" for the last .500" so they fit snug but not hard to get in.

There are several other styles available too besides the T and L shown. I have one that is straight and one sideways which is nice for straight to go to the carb and the sideways one for your fill line. These have huge 3/16" bore so never any restriction and cross drilled at the end so it can never develop a suction and pull bag material against the end and starve engine.

Sample pics,

"T" STYLE
9d12kPl.jpg

"L" STYLE
ScNsgeM.jpg

Last edited:
Back