• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale FOR SALE (OK.. a bit off topic)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

I dont want to plug up this section BUT.. I am going to sell my drag racing model collection. MOST are NIB (NOT ALL) and I have over 125 models to move.

Not sure if this is a good place if at all.. BUT.. wanted to give my racing buddys a shot at some of this before the go to flee bay.

I will start with this pic.. and if you see one you want I have these priced and ready to go (just ask and I can list the price).. SHIPPING WILL be payed by the BUYER.. likely around 10 bucks each to ship.

USA ONLY

If you want to move this off here or to the OT or tell me to pound sand and go to flee bay.. thats OK.. Wont hurt my feelings.

Lets do that on here and NO PMS.. lets keep it in the open.

Grimracer

Attachments

• DSC00257.JPG
    DSC00257.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 314
Does the Jungle Jim Vega have a picture of Jungle Pam on the box?

eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3.jpg

Thanks for sharing Mike

Growing up out here in L.A. suburbs during late 1960's and early 1970's, I got to experience nearly all of those actual drag cars racing in person. Many times at legendary Pomona drag strip, also the famous Orange County raceway. Don Garlits, Don Prudohmme, Tom McEwen, Shirley Muldowney, and many others (even the Smothers Brothers), were my hero's as a 10, 11, 12 year-old kid. I remember experiencing my first major fatal race accident by Pete Robinson (had a huge effect on me as a kid). I remember building that 1974 Don Garlits dragster. I learned a lot about car/engine design through plastic model kits.

Later my dad would take us to Riverside Raceway for the Can Am cars, and sports car series, etc,...And I began to venture more into road racing. Eventually Formula 1 and IndyCar races (17, 18, 19 years old).

Funny, I attended the drags at Pomona maybe 7 or 8 years back (like 2013?). And these new-generation cars are so much more powerful and loud, I literally can only handle 1 round. It grinds your chest and ears now like you would'nt believe! We left early, watched the rest on Fox Sports "live" at home :>)

I have a insanely busy day today.. Let me get back to you guys tonight or tomorrow.

I can provide extra pictures for each of the models you are looking at..

Sorry for the delay.

O yea.. did i say I have over 125 kits.... MANY MANY More to come.. (I MUST BE NUTS!)

Grimracer

Thanks for sharing Mike

Growing up out here in L.A. suburbs during late 1960's and early 1970's, I got to experience nearly all of those actual drag cars racing in person. Many times at legendary Pomona drag strip, also the famous Orange County raceway. Don Garlits, Don Prudohmme, Tom McEwen, Shirley Muldowney, and many others (even the Smothers Brothers), were my hero's as a 10, 11, 12 year-old kid. I remember experiencing my first major fatal race accident by Pete Robinson (had a huge effect on me as a kid). I remember building that 1974 Don Garlits dragster. I learned a lot about car/engine design through plastic model kits.

Later my dad would take us to Riverside Raceway for the Can Am cars, and sports car series, etc,...And I began to venture more into road racing. Eventually Formula 1 and IndyCar races (17, 18, 19 years old).

Funny, I attended the drags at Pomona maybe 7 or 8 years back (like 2013?). And these new-generation cars are so much more powerful and loud, I literally can only handle 1 round. It grinds your chest and ears now like you would'nt believe! We left early, watched the rest on Fox Sports "live" at home :>)
Dont forget Lions dragstrip, spent many nights there and at OCIR, I actually used to race at ocir on wednesday nights. Trophy and bracket racing for the amateurs.

Dont forget Lions dragstrip, spent many nights there and at OCIR, I actually used to race at ocir on wednesday nights. Trophy and bracket racing for the amateurs.
Anyone that's a gear head and finds themselves in LA owes it to themselves to go to the the Peterson Automotive Museum in downtown LA and check out the current display items, but more importantly, take the mind-blowing extended vault tour. Four underground floors of some of the most famous cars in history. Production cars, race cars, famous cars, gangster cars, movie and TV cars, they got it all. I saw several of the cars in this model collection there. I can't tell you how many cars that I saw that I constructed models of as a kid.

Frank Jungle Jim is and Little Red Wagon are FACTORY sealed and ready to move.

Jungle is 45.00
Little Red Wagon is 15.00
lets split the shipping to some degree and make it 12.00
total would be 72.00
If looking to purchase send PP to [email protected]

Kind Regards

Grim

Ed,

The Tarantula is an OPEN KIT WITH PARTS OFF THE TREE.. NOTHING MISSING. even has the chute! again.. competitively priced for condition.

This is the 1983 1997 (to many to remember) release of the kit.

30.00 plus 10 to ship.. 40 total
PP to [email protected]

* Joe Gibbs' Cruz Pedregon driven McDonalds Funny Car
* Joe Amato dragster
* Don Garlits' dragster

WISH LIST:
* Hurst Hemi Under Glass
* Gene Snow Rambunctious
* Gas Ronda
* Ramchargers cars
* Any Fuel Altered (Mouse Trap first choice)
* Any John Force funny car
* Stone, Woods & Cook Willy's if you have it "The" Gasser of all gassers
* Dyno Don Nicholson Super Stock any one of them first choice is a 409 Chevy
* Freight Train dragster
* TV Tommy Ivo's 4x Buick powered dragster
* Ford Thunderbolt Super Stock car

Last edited:

When with the guys that ran in the boat drags at Long Beach, on race weekends we always went to the Lions drag strip on Saturday night - full weekend of drag racing on the water and asphalt.

Good times, great memories.

Back