• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - New Novarossi 91 with modifications

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottHowe

For sale new Novarossi 91 engine, turbo head, break in service by Ron Shaw, engine modified by Danny King, $640 shipped in Con USA SOLD
IMG_0188.JPEG IMG_0189.JPEG IMG_0190.JPEG IMG_0191.JPEG IMG_0192.JPEG

Last edited:
Was this engine broken in by the factory or by Ron Shaw? Also how was it broken in?Interested.

Dave

The engine is a mid mod heat race set up. It has a Bullard modded carb so it’s a ready to go set up.

If You watch this Video on how the Rossi FACTORY breaks in an engine It'll scare the crap of of Ya , Its closer to DESTRUCTIVE TESTING

If You watch this Video on how the Rossi FACTORY breaks in an engine It'll scare the crap of of Ya , Its closer to DESTRUCTIVE TESTING

We had a 12 engine that was broke in this way and the fit was amazing. The engine has gallons of fuel through it and still runs great. This is how all the factory racer engines are done

That might explain why my .67 To-Be Top through a rod taking the Cylinder and Piston out 5 min's in to it's initial run on a new engine .:mad:

The Nova factory pre run motors are NOT done like that!!! That service is only for ready to race factory drivers (cars). And yes those motors are pretty much bullet proof when broken in like that.

GQ

The Nova factory pre run motors are NOT done like that!!! That service is only for ready to race factory drivers (cars). And yes those motors are pretty much bullet proof when broken in like that.

GQ

The one we bought came with a card that stated 20 minutes at 42100

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_205153.jpg
    IMG_20200229_205153.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 132
David, that more than I thought, but the ones I watched them do at the factory for the team drivers had over 60 minutes. The piston was completely black top to bottom ( castor varnish).none of the factory pre run motors I sold looked anything like that.

Yeah I knew they did 3 runs for the team engines. The Piston was just turning black on ours. Would love to know what fan they use.

Anyway sorry for filling up your notification box Scott.

just took the engine apart and it does NOT have the new rod in it .....what do i do now as these con rods are VERY prone to failure???? Please call me at 941-718-3537

just took the engine apart and it does NOT have the new rod in it .....what do i do now as these con rods are VERY prone to failure???? Please call me at 941-718-3537
JOHN,
I received your note about making good on the con rod, I suggest you send a note to Ron Shaw about this, I have no idea what was in the engine since it was new. I know that Danny King spoke with you about the engine before purchase, did he mention a defective con rod?

Thanks
Scott Howe

Back