Florida Boat Clubs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Petro

If you run at a county park, and have a good relationship with the park, we need you!
We are working on a nice pond owned by the county parks department.
The park manager would like to talk to another parks person about it.

If you run at a park in FLA, let me know the town and park name.
Thanks!

Joe

I THINK THE fT. Lauderdale Club runs at MARKHAM Park. not sure who to get in touch with that club, also the Brandon Club, John Otto is a member, Technology Fuels.

Ft. Lauderdale club runs @ Markham park Curtis Canton is the club pres.
Palm Beach club runs @ West Delray Regional Park, there is also a flying field there, James Trout of Accu-Tech RC Hardware is the club pres.
The Melbourne club run on a county controlled lake, Dan Hermes is the club pres.
Brandon Model Boaters runs at Dover District Park Bill Britton or John Otto
Miami runs at Amelia Erhart (sp) park Steve Rodriguiz is your contact

I am working on getting a course setup in Okeechobee, our club has access to a large pond at The Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center.

I am working on getting a course setup in Okeechobee, our club has access to a large pond at The Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center.
Interesting. Your close to the Waveblasters FT Pierce site. What type of boats does your club run? Nitro, Gas, FE?
Mic

Right now I am the only one that actively uses the pond. The pond is roughly 150’ x 700’ very clean. I have gathered materials to set up a course.

I have a Zippkits Super Sport, I’m building an ML Boatworks 1/8th Smokin Joe, and also building a Zippkits Thunderboat.

Chris, good luck on your pond set up. There are some guidelines in the IMPBA RULE BOOK for setting up a course and can be found on line. One commonly overlooked dimension to adhere to is the distance from the shore to the boys marking the straight line in the front straight. This distance is important for sanctioning a race in the future.
Feel free to contact me, and I look forward to meeting you!

Respectfully,
Mark Grannis
IMPBA D3 Director.

Nub Kopisca has a park in Ocala that the park people approved for running boats. It's called Tuscawilla Park. I ran there all the time when I was in Florida living in The Villages few winters ago. I will send you a pm with Nub's phone number.

1597793038390.png

Back