First Gas Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Eades

Hello,
Sharing the new boat I picked up recently. Still learning it, with a lot of help from some incredibly nice and all-around generous people from my local club.

From what I've been told it's a Ron Buck Y-6, could be wrong but that's why I'm here to learn.
Zenoah 26cc
Unknown pipe
Ron Buck hardware and prop
Engine blueprint, Upgraded Linkages, and a good cleaning
Unknown history

Thanks!

20220803_234031.jpg20220803_234021.jpg20220803_234041.jpg

Thanks for the replies,
The pictures don't show it, but there's a grub screw with a nut on top you loosen. Then just pulls the whole shaft out in one piece. ill upload a better photo. It's really easy to do there's even a hole on the side to pump grease into the assembly.

Attachments

• 20220804_104506.jpg
    20220804_104506.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Nothing like tossing it in the water and having everything right. They're good boats... My friends wife has a couple of those hulls. One she runs in super stock and the other in open and offshore and finishes darn near every race.
Glad your enjoying it!!!

Michael

There are,were two other versions of the Y-6 that Ron has developed,the Y-15 and the Y-21.
It is hard to tell from the pictures,but I think it may be the Y-21!

There are,were two other versions of the Y-6 that Ron has developed,the Y-15 and the Y-21.
Very Interesting, Thanks for the info Don. I'm curious to find out because apparently there's some history to this hull according to the local club but can't quite figure it out.
-Ryan

For sure not a Y21. I do not think any of those mentioned have that deck like his has. Very different.

RC Boatworks Y21 | Rcboatworks

I am not sure what it is either, but it does look familiar.

RC Boatworks Trick 46
Plum Crazy mono.

Last edited:
Nothing like tossing it in the water and having everything right. They're good boats... My friends wife has a couple of those hulls. One she runs in super stock and the other in open and offshore and finishes darn near every race.
Glad your enjoying it!!!

Michael
Couldn't agree more. Runs great
Pretty sure the mystery is about the HULL not YOUR hardware!!!
I'm curious about the hull also, I like the looks/lines.
Don't think it is the "Trick 46" either.
The forward part of the deck opening has a different shape.
Apparently it's a magic mono with the windshield cut out.
Just found out today.

Pretty sure the mystery is about the HULL not YOUR hardware!!!
I'm curious about the hull also, I like the looks/lines.
Don't think it is the "Trick 46" either.
The forward part of the deck opening has a different shape.
I didn’t say anything about who made the hardware. What I said was “RON BUCK DIDN’T MAKE IT”.

Last edited:
I didn’t say anything about who made the hardware. What I said was “RON BUCK DIDN’T MAKE IT”.
Thank you for the clarification Steve.
Now I am aware that is the case. I got some conflicting reports of whats on the boat so just trying to figure it out. Again, I'm new, and don't really know what's what.

Anyways, Love the hardware it's real nice.
-Ryan.

Back