First attempt at anodizing.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
The guy that I use for anodizing is no longer doing it so I started reading up on doing it at home. These are all just some old parts that I bead blasted then went through all the steps to anodize them. I was shooting for black but I need to come up with a better way to heat and keep my tanks at the correct temp. I’m happy just need to fine tune it a little!

Attachments

• BEDE5E47-9790-4BB1-9B29-3E78B1FF1088.jpeg
    BEDE5E47-9790-4BB1-9B29-3E78B1FF1088.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 119
The guy that I use for anodizing is no longer doing it so I started reading up on doing it at home. These are all just some old parts that I bead blasted then went through all the steps to anodize them. I was shooting for black but I need to come up with a better way to heat and keep my tanks at the correct temp. I’m happy just need to fine tune it a little!
Also check the aquarium heaters, that’s what I used for hard chrome work. They have a dial to adjust temperature and mine are glass but have lasted years.

Good for you, I did my own for years until I found a shop that would slip them in for cash.

What dye are you using? I found that a good commercial dye made all the difference, plus a sealer afterwards.

Back