First attempt at anodizing.

Help Support intlwaters.com:

ChrisHerzog

The guy that I use for anodizing is no longer doing it so I started reading up on doing it at home. These are all just some old parts that I bead blasted then went through all the steps to anodize them. I was shooting for black but I need to come up with a better way to heat and keep my tanks at the correct temp. I’m happy just need to fine tune it a little!

Attachments

Reactions: Kez

RichJones

Maybe look into an immersion heater. They have them on Amazon that people use to heat anything from buckets of water to inflatable pools.

John Beardslee

The guy that I use for anodizing is no longer doing it so I started reading up on doing it at home. These are all just some old parts that I bead blasted then went through all the steps to anodize them. I was shooting for black but I need to come up with a better way to heat and keep my tanks at the correct temp. I’m happy just need to fine tune it a little!
Also check the aquarium heaters, that’s what I used for hard chrome work. They have a dial to adjust temperature and mine are glass but have lasted years.

ChrisHerzog

Also check the aquarium heaters, that’s what I used for hard chrome work. They have a dial to adjust temperature and mine are glass but have lasted years.
I need the color tank to get up to 140 degrees. Do you think an aquarium heater can get up to that? (4 gallons)

John Beardslee

Mine are old, you might do a search and see what’s out there or check your local pet store

RichJones

I thought about that too but I didn’t know if they’d get hot enough. But there’s another idea for you.

Terry Keeley

Good for you, I did my own for years until I found a shop that would slip them in for cash.

What dye are you using? I found that a good commercial dye made all the difference, plus a sealer afterwards.

Latest posts