FireFighter .45 Project.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeP

The last couple of months I have been building a FF.45 and uploading pictures in the photo gallery.

I would like to invite you over to my gallery called Firefighter .45 project and have a look.

It covers most of the build from plans to completion.

The final parts needed should be here this week. I plan to throw it in this weekend.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=224

Once again thanks to Tom Moorehouse for all his help.

MikeP

Awesome work Mike! (as usual! ;) )

What weight cloth did you use to join the top and bottom halves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim_Duggan said:
Looks good Mike,Make sure you take some ballast with you to the pond!  B)   B)   B)

Tim.

110659[/snapback]

You think about 2 more pounds is enough.

Mike

Ahh - the joys of prototypes :lol:

No idea if it will need it or not, but it's far easier to add it wherever you want than it is to take weight out!

Thanks for the complements,

We have a small group of boaters here in UT, it's nice to be able to share projects on IW and get feedback from around the world.

Mike

MikeP How did you prep the foam plugs for molding? and was that hydrocal that you used? BTW awesome looking boat. :p

myrcbud said:
MikeP How did you prep the foam plugs for molding? and was that hydrocal that you used? BTW awesome looking boat. :p
111276[/snapback]

Hydro-cal doesn't stick to the foam, if you want a polished finish on the foam 3 or 4 coats of polyurathane sanding between coats works great and plaster doesn't stick to it either.

I prefer to sand and polish the plaster instead of the foam.

Mike

Tim_Duggan said:
MikeP said:
Got the boat in the water today, what a sweet boat. Tom's set up was right on, Props-4- U got me perfect prop. All I did was run the hell out of it all day.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...album=224&pos=0

Mike

111274[/snapback]

Good to hear that Mike! Did it need any balast?

111278[/snapback]

I didn't add any ballast, I don't think I will. There are some times it might help but I can live with it.

Mike

Mike,

Where do you get Hydro-cal from?

That rigger is really cool looking on the water!

I get it from a local art shop called 3d art. $29.00 for a 100 pound bag.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back