Fireball Glow plugs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Concern over whether a cooling head is "filling up" is relatively easy to fix. The inlet is lower than the outlet. Let gravity do what it does. Done. Once the head fills up, however much water is getting past the restriction is how much will be going through the head

I would disagree with the premise that the outlet "HAS" to be smaller than the inlet. All this is accomplishing is ensuring more pressure in the tubing than is necessary. All we are looking to do is restrict how much water is going through the head. That's it. Temperature is not going to be consistent regardless, as varying loads and throttle positions will ensure as such. I've never seen literally any of the fastest guys in the hobby do anything other than restrict water at the convenient location closest to the pickup.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

In the corners, the gravity puts the inlet and outlet on the same plain. As the centrifugal force pulls to the left.
Mike

Mike,

Water is non-compressible. There is nowhere for the water to go but through the outlet. Also, since it is non-compressible, the water can only escape the water jacket at a rate equal to the input. Once the water jacket is full, it's water in - water out. No more. No less.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

>IMG_E0221 1.JPGIMG_E0224 1.JPGIMG_E0225 1.JPGIMG_E0226 1.JPGIMG_E0227 1.JPGIMG_E0228 1.JPGIMG_E0221 1.JPGIMG_E0224 1.JPGIMG_E0225 1.JPGIMG_E0226 1.JPGIMG_E0227 1.JPGIMG_E0228 1.JPG
a couple years back ,i think i was on a tether boat discussion page and was talking about plugs . a guy that said he runs pylon said ,i think, he makes these, or hes the main dealer or something. in any case he says he will send me some plugs to try . i remember telling him like 10 different times SEND THE HOTTEST 1 OR 2 .lets see how they work. pointing out that i cant gauge anything if it wont start. i KNEW the pylon and ducted guys evaporate plugs with straight nitro and heat from talking to Bob violet a million years ago lol so ya . i knew he was gonna be using nitrogen plugs lol anyhoo ,,,long story short . he sent these ,,,i "tried" to get em to glow. mercy. i gave half of em to somebody i knew would do whatever it took and he said even after getting the hottest to glow --sorta ,couldnt run the engine. even too lean it wouldnt stay started . so yea if u hook a battery to these they will prob never blow lol.
now im pissed to see there was a hotter option....or maybe NOW there is . will have to look into this further

Apparently you need to be a bit prudent with controlling cooling water flow. Many years ago John Equi proved that if you slow down water flow thru the head it actually is able to gather more heat before exiting. What do you think?
>View attachment 290052View attachment 290053View attachment 290054View attachment 290055View attachment 290056View attachment 290057View attachment 290052View attachment 290053View attachment 290054View attachment 290055View attachment 290056View attachment 290057
a couple years back ,i think i was on a tether boat discussion page and was talking about plugs . a guy that said he runs pylon said ,i think, he makes these, or hes the main dealer or something. in any case he says he will send me some plugs to try . i remember telling him like 10 different times SEND THE HOTTEST 1 OR 2 .lets see how they work. pointing out that i cant gauge anything if it wont start. i KNEW the pylon and ducted guys evaporate plugs with straight nitro and heat from talking to Bob violet a million years ago lol so ya . i knew he was gonna be using nitrogen plugs lol anyhoo ,,,long story short . he sent these ,,,i "tried" to get em to glow. mercy. i gave half of em to somebody i knew would do whatever it took and he said even after getting the hottest to glow --sorta ,couldnt run the engine. even too lean it wouldnt stay started . so yea if u hook a battery to these they will prob never blow lol.
now im pissed to see there was a hotter option....or maybe NOW there is . will have to look into this further
I have some of the #8 specials on the way. It was the hottest one he had on hand.
Thy have a #5,#6,#7,#8,#9 in the special plugs.
Will see what the #8 dose.
That is one stout looking wire on that 8S..........
I have a driver setup I made long time ago that I may have to break out and try.

1617828683640.png
1617828706836.png
OK now I will try this one also.
$7.12 each from Mantua Models
Thy do not make the OPS yellow medium plugs any more but this is the same plug in the house brand.
Have 10 on the way to test.

Shipping costs are crazy high these days..

I used to have PALLETS of spooled wire
OVER NIGHT AIR shipped... would hate to see what it would cost today!
Frank,

The costs of bureaucracy.......

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

yea with all the covid nonsense got tied up ,but just got around to digging out a cyclon cell i had bought to replace the last one that was about 15 years old and finally quit. so ya i had to find and get another 1, pretty sure this 1 wont last that long lol.
in any case i got out a glow clip with wires and actually lit the 8 and 9. but as i remember ,using the 2volt plugs like that big rossi tidewater sold for a spell and a couple other plugs i found from tower hobbies ,plugs that take all that to light dont burn much fuel and dat aint not gonna work in my engines . not how i do em now
its also good to note if it takes too long to ignite then ur timing isnt going to be advanced enough

Well I got the #8 plugs and thy are colder than a OD289 and the Rossi #6. Looks like the # system will fall in line with the Rossi #.
Will se how thy run when I get the yellow Medium plugs from Mantua to play with also.

Well I came to the conclusion that for the price the Rossi #6 from Al Hobbs is the best bet right now.
The yellow plugs from Mantua where very good and burned the fuel nice but not worth twice the price.
And the #8 well thy where very cold and had a hard time keeping the fuel lit in the .77
Will try them in the 27cc eng I am building thy may just be the ticket in that big eng will see.

Back