Filters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe filter the fuel with multiple filters when pumping the fuel into the boat tank and just run a filter between the pipe and tanks and NOT BETWEEN TANK AND NEEDLE??

That’s where I’m at Doc, there’s a few of us, seems to be working, so far so good. With moving and all I’ve not spent as much time on the water as I normally would but think it’s a good change.

That’s where I’m at Doc, there’s a few of us, seems to be working, so far so good. With moving and all I’ve not spent as much time on the water as I normally would but think it’s a good change.
Guess Gary show his snot from nose lolo but he didn’t answer

Guys,

If you think about it a minute what happens to all the combustion products
that a rich needle setting makes ? It goes into the pipe first then some goes
back into your engine and some thru your pressure line back into the fuel tank.
If you run a filter on your pressure line back to your fuel tank it will keep it much cleaner.
I think like Greg and John and see the value of cleaning our fuel tanks.
I do like the Novarossi fuel filters also.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Doc,

I dont run any filters in my boats. When fueling, all fuel goes through three filters between pump and fuel tank. Keeps system pretty clean.

I have thought about adding filter / cooler between pipe and tank on the pressure line.

To keep the inside of tuned pipes clean, I clean inside pipe with foaming carb cleaner every so often to eliminate any exhaust build up that could find its way into pressure line -->> to needle.

Maybe filter the fuel with multiple filters when pumping the fuel into the boat tank and just run a filter between the pipe and tanks and NOT BETWEEN TANK AND NEEDLE??

I do like wise: multiple filters in fueling line.

Time to filter pipe pressure line.

Julian that’s how you get trash in the tank if the fuel was ran through 3 filters filling the tank to start with

I do like wise: multiple filters in fueling line.

Time to filter pipe pressure line.

Julian that’s how you get trash in the tank if the fuel was ran through 3 filters filling the tank to start with
Doc I run 4 filters on my fuel jug. I also filter the fuel before it goes on my 5 gallon fuel jug.

If you do what Doc is suggesting, it would be wise to put a filter on the pressure line from the pipe to keep junk from entering that tank by that route.

And this helps how? Granted Mike's post went a bit deep after the first paragraph but are you like bored or something??

Don I said.. "ITS ALL GOOD".. So sorry if I offended or confused anybody or made an inappropriate comment..................

Doc, thanks for posting the reminder that even the little things that are so post to be making our fuel more reliable can indeed be the cause of trouble.

I to use fuel filters..

Grim

I respect everyone on this forum. I always ran a filter between the tank and needle on my airplanes. The only problem I ever had was a gallon of morgan cool power 10% (which I bought by the case) I could not get any plane to run right. I looked at the bottom of the plastic jug and could see water droplets in the fuel. #$@!. I took it back to the hobby shop up in Illinois where I purchased all my fuel. He called Morgan and they sent him a case no charge. He pulled out 1 gallon and I said "what about the other 3? ". He said you only had one bad gallon. I said that package was sent for me, How much do you have invested in this? He knew I was so frustrated as I could not get anything to run right, but he kept the other 3 gallons to sell at my expense. That was the last $ i ever spent there.
I know that boats use MUCH more fuel. I could fly a .60 with a 12oz tank for 30 minutes if I wanted to, but I never did. LOL. I blend my own fuel now filtering is very important. I really dislike people here in discord. We all love the same thing. We all have something to offer everyone. It is so easy to have a post misinterpreted by presentation or interpretation. We all mean well here I hope.
Chris

To switch to fuel.. I can add to that..

I personally have never had a bad jug of fuel. ..and that.. after 45 years of nitro engines... man that went fast.. I did ruin some MANY MOONS ago when i mixed cool power with sidewinder.. I also saw a guy.. just this summer attempt to use a 15 year old fuel jug with about 20oz in it.. it was full of moisture as it was never closed properly... and looking back.. thats it..

I have had bean fibers build up in a filter when using Red Max years ago and i have had tar balls build up on the plug element (Nitro helis) using VP.. (30% Heli blend).. I have pics of that some place..

In my helis I use a filter on my exhaust because i have seen a blade of grass in my pressure line.. Not sure how it got there but I suspect from putting on the line at some point.

I dont however run my jug line all the way to the bottom of the jug. I leave it up about 1/2in.. after a gallon I dump out the remainder and refill.. or every few gallons. I have run filters on the jug line but dont anymore. I have one filter from the tank to the needle and thats it.. I dont strain my fuel either..

On that note i have not ran castor RC boat fuel in over 15 years but.. my well has run dry on that so its back to castor.. It will run just fine.. I am just not looking forward to the potential bearing issues and plug usage I have avoided for the last 11 of those years.. I have not replaced bearings in any motor in the last 11 years.. I split a case on an OS OB..(LOL)... but have not replaced bearings or burned up pistons and liners... plugs typically last until I decide to toss them... (Bty.. on that note.. I dont oil out with my race plug.. this seems to help too)

In the end.. if you use fuel with castor in it.. I have found it best to check your filter often. And then to Docs post.. dont trust any of them.. when they are new.. give them a good once over.

Grim

good one.. LOL.. DONT EAT ALL THE JELLY!.. or.. PUT ON THE GLOVES GRANDMA!...LOL

Guys,

If you think about it a minute what happens to all the combustion products
that a rich needle setting makes ? It goes into the pipe first then some goes
back into your engine and some thru your pressure line back into the fuel tank.
If you run a filter on your pressure line back to your fuel tank it will keep it much cleaner.
I think like Greg and John and see the value of cleaning our fuel tanks.
I do like the Novarossi fuel filters also.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

We had a situation at the pond the other day, Mark... fuel is filtered well from jug to tank, tank maintenance done after

every session. Blew a plug out badly when experimenting between turbo and conventional button, plug temps, and squish

clearances. The plug coil was completely gone!...filled tank again after cool down, tried to fire engine- no fuel.

A piece of that disintegrated plug element apparently had run the circuit from pipe> pressure line> fuel tank> needle base.

Pulled OS remote needle out of KRE base and there it was- a tiny chunk of plug element shutting fuel flow down.

Thank God for the magnifying glass we carry in box. Charles witnessed the whole affair.

From here on out, we'll do it John's way.

Thanks-

tw

Latest posts

Back