Quantcast

Files and Editing

Help Support intlwaters.com:

LohringMiller

The editing in this forum sucks. It's impossible to highlight text to post links among other issues. Also the file size and types you and attach are very limited.

Lohring Miller

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thank you for telling me. I had not had anyone mention it down here in support area before. I have sent a message to get the highlight dark enough to indicate it is highlighted.

Have you asked for large files size and how large? There is a limit.
Also, no one has requested any other suffixes to add to the list of types of files allowed.
My crystal ball is not working and not telling me things makes sure I don't address them. Telling me, and I'll try to get things fixed.

Now, what size files are you trying to upload? What suffixes are the files?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The highlighting has been fixed. It's a dark enough blue to make it visible.

LohringMiller

In the 3D printing forum .stl files would be nice. I've also had to individually email Excel files to members. In the past I've run over my total posting limit for all pictures as well as for individual files. The requested Excel files are usually under 500 KB, .pdf files are usually under 1000 KB, and the largest pictures are around 2000 KB with ones taken by my old camera under 1000 KB..

Thanks for fixing the highlighting.

Lohring MIller

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Now you have these file extensions:
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
doc
jpe
stl
xls
xlsb
xlsm
xlt
xltm
xltx
xlw
zip
dwg

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
10,240 KB That is as large as any file can be to upload.

Are you saying you're trying to do more than 10 images in a post? Or what posting limit are you going over?

LohringMiller

Thanks again. I hope expanding the file limits won't give you problems with hacking. In the past there was a limit on the total size of all files posted by an account. Many older files were deleted. That means that questions that keep getting asked can't be referred back to older posts. Fortunately, I keep copies of my articles and other information on my personal computer(s). However, others replying to the same topic have their pictures lost as well.

Lohring Miller

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you see any hacking or suspected hacking please let me know. The server keeper and developer keep the server up to date on anti-spam software, etc.

Steve Seebold

I’m trying to sign in on my iPad and I keep getting an error message. What do I need to do?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What does the error message say, and if you cannot log in how did you post this?

Latest posts