FE and salt water

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Jason you can. Just make sure your boat and any electrical wiring is sealed against water intrusion. We would also take a short piece of fuel tubing about a half inch and slide over the stuffing tube where it would barely touch the drive shaft . It really helps, just don't put alot of pressure on the shaft... I'm from Sarasota myself so we ran alot of salt water!
Just keep the water out and you should be OK.

Mike

Yes Jason you can. Just make sure your boat and any electrical wiring is sealed against water intrusion. We would also take a short piece of fuel tubing about a half inch and slide over the stuffing tube where it would barely touch the drive shaft . It really helps, just don't put alot of pressure on the shaft... I'm from Sarasota myself so we ran alot of salt water!

Mike
My radio box is seald with no leaks and the electric components are prept with corrosion x.
And after each run I do the water and degreaser clean and spray corrosion x thanks for the help

Mike
Hallo Mike where you run in Sarasota

Hey Jason, we used to run just off of Tamiami trail south just before philippe creek, on the right. There's a rode ,can't remember the name of it but it goes to a public park. Great little lake!
We also used to run out at what we called the celery fields lake, I believe it's now called Ackerman Park.
I think they might still be running electrics there. I believe Ackerman would be your best bet...

Mike

Yes the west Florida fe club meets there usually twice a month. During the middle of summer not so much, but once it cools down a bit activity picks up

Latest posts

Back