Esc overhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I have not tried the Castle XLX.  I modify the ICE and EDGE 200 Lite ESC's.  The XLX does have more than a standard, looking at pictures its around 2000uF to 2400uF.

My cap bank pictured there is 4x-1000uF Rubycon ZL caps for a total or 4000uF or 4mF.  The shunts are always on the negative side of the board close to where the black wire is soldered onto the bus bars.  There are two on the top and two on the bottom, they look like black dominos with silver ends.  They usually have a marking of "0M50", that stands for a 0.5milliohm shunt.
Thank You!

No I have not tried the Castle XLX.  I modify the ICE and EDGE 200 Lite ESC's.  The XLX does have more than a standard, looking at pictures its around 2000uF to 2400uF.

My cap bank pictured there is 4x-1000uF Rubycon ZL caps for a total or 4000uF or 4mF.  The shunts are always on the negative side of the board close to where the black wire is soldered onto the bus bars.  There are two on the top and two on the bottom, they look like black dominos with silver ends.  They usually have a marking of "0M50", that stands for a 0.5milliohm shunt.
XLX is on order. I spoke with Castle and they assured me it was the same controller as the Edge, other than additional caps and firmware.

What size tubing did you use on the bus bars? Did you oval the tubing to get better thermal contact?

The Seaking or the Sworfish 200X are the better controllers here. The Castle needs extra care to not get wet and I find they don't last as long. I personally like the Swordfish as they are designed to get a little wet and they have data logging too.

Latest posts

Back