Epoxy Brushes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I have been finishing some boats for the 2021 season and using quite a few epoxy brushes. After reading a previous thread on I.W. I went to the local welding supply store to see what throw away acid/epoxy brushes cost today. They were selling the brushes for 74 cents each! So, I asked for a quantity price. If I bought 100 brushes, the price would be 50 cents each. Still way too much.

The result was I contacted a manufacturer and bought almost 100 pounds of throwaway acid/epoxy/ clean up brushes. I will have them with me at the races I attend. These are horsehair brushes that can be used with epoxy, resin, and degreaser.

They are priced at $2.00 for a pack of 10 brushes and $4.50 for a pack of 25 brushes. Unless being shipped with something else, it is not worth it to buy some and have them shipped to you. But, they will be with me at the various races.

Al Hobbs

I was too,,,till I saw these! same exact thing.

I use them with thinned epoxy, occasionally it will drop a thread, but they are easily removed with a pick or tweezer before it dries.

Wow guys, I buy these in bulk too but this is not the thread to post all your best deals with links to boot. Not cool.

Al
If you have the ability to delete post in this thread, then do so. If not some of you guys should do it for him. If you don't like someone asking price, move along or help him sell it. I had this happen to me and know the feeling. Not trying to be a bummer.

I have gotten used to the negative responses concerning items for sale and pricing. If someone wants to a buy 5 - 10 year supply of anything, that is fine. But some people only need a few and do not want to pay 84 cents for an epoxy brush. So, there is a supply for smaller quantities.

Mine are not the same as Al is selling and I was offering tips on how to make the acid brushes a little better to use.

I was showing the small paint brushes that I have used in the past. I am in no way, shape or form in competition with anyone selling toy boat supplies or parts.

Mods,,, please delete my suggestions and comments.

Mine are not the same as Al is selling and I was offering tips on how to make the acid brushes a little better to use.

I was showing the small paint brushes that I have used in the past. I am in no way, shape or form in competition with anyone selling toy boat supplies or parts.

Mods,,, please delete my suggestions and comments.
There is nothing special about the brushes I have for sale. I crimp the metal with an old wire cutter to help hold the bristles in place and I suggest rinsing them in epoxy thinner to get rid of any machine oil that might have gotten on to them during manufacture. I'm just offering a typical brush in smaller quantities at a reasonable price. I certainly have not taken any offence at anything posted here.

There is nothing special about the brushes I have for sale. I crimp the metal with an old wire cutter to help hold the bristles in place and I suggest rinsing them in epoxy thinner to get rid of any machine oil that might have gotten on to them during manufacture. I'm just offering a typical brush in smaller quantities at a reasonable price. I certainly have not taken any offence at anything posted here.
Al, let anyone you want know ,on this thread ,that their new glow plug prices from you just went to $12.00 a plug . Lol

Al, let anyone you want know ,on this thread ,that their new glow plug prices from you just went to $12.00 a plug . Lol
Not yet Jeff. I still have a few thousand glow plugs in stock. I need to sell them to pay back the bank loan...........

Back