Engines in production

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

OK folks now there are a lot of stories going around about which engines are and are not still in production or looking shaky.... So we need the real story on the following: Attached is the latest rumour I heard...

Picco - my understanding is they are only doing .21 car engines now?

OPS - I have been told that parts were no longer being produced and they were relying on the stocks of old parts to build engines for sale.

Rossi - I have been told they are no longer making engines.

K&B - 21 outboards are almost available - 45 outboards should be available soon The rest of the engine line?????

Please feel free to prove me wrong....

I just went to www.teamtrinity.com . All they have are the 4-wheeler motors. Picco, Rossi and Nova Rossi look like they are still alive in that segment of the hobby. Aeromarine is the US Distributor of OPS engines and I don't know what they're up to.

boatworx said:
OPS engines are still in production and available now.An updated version is being released about now at Nuremberg Fair in Germany.

Modifications are channels on liner to aid fuel flow to ports that most boaters do

now.This goes with mods to crankcase and crankshaft where 4mm was removed from balance weight to lighten the crankshaft to make a very strong engine.

Parts are no problem.

Brian

82518[/snapback]

TimD said:
boatworx said:
OPS engines are still in production and available now.An updated version is being released about now at Nuremberg Fair in Germany.

Modifications are channels on liner to aid fuel flow to ports that most boaters do

now.This goes with mods to crankcase and crankshaft where 4mm was removed from balance weight to lighten the crankshaft to make a very strong engine.

Parts are no problem.

Brian

82518[/snapback]

82579[/snapback]

Yes I saw that and wondered if that 'new' engine was the same as the OPS 90 I saw recently (in pieces that dont bolt back together) that was different from the old OPS 90s...

Rossi seemed to have migrated to AXE Motor Rossi and they also seem to have concentrated on 21s and below... however still advertising the 45 powerhead for outboards... but this stuff is all a year old... did they give up???

EatMyShortsRacing said:
[Yes I saw that and wondered if that 'new' engine was the same as the OPS 90 I saw recently (in pieces that dont bolt back together) that was different from the old OPS 90s...
82583[/snapback]

It's the Engine Brian M. ran at the nationals to 2nd place in X hydro.

Looks just like the previous version from the outside.

His fastest time wasn't sensational but it was obviously consistent enough to trophy with it!

TimD said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
[Yes I saw that and wondered if that 'new' engine was the same as the OPS 90 I saw recently (in pieces that dont bolt back together) that was different from the old OPS 90s...
82583[/snapback]

It's the Engine Brian M. ran at the nationals to 2nd place in X hydro.

Looks just like the previous version from the outside.

His fastest time wasn't sensational but it was obviously consistent enough to trophy with it!

82585[/snapback]

...and didnt rev hard enough to break it.... hehehe

sorry thats not meant to say the motor is excessively weak.... I think that most engines are at a similar breakage percentage. Its just when someone (and not the racer who placed in X hydro) claims any engine is "bulletproof" obviously a new bullet has been invented since....

I have seen blown Rossi, K&B, MAC, CMB, A, K, OPS,Picco, Novarossi, OS and other brands (a lot of them personally blown!!!) so for every bulletproof story I got a crankcase or shaft or rod that says otherwise!!!!

Craig,

I think you just need to richen up on your needle a little bit. :lol:

Motors don't last long without lubrication. :D

So Richen Up Mate,

Mark Sholund

What about the CMB 35cc Petrol engine, anyone heard any new production rumors on that one?

Craig depends who you are getting your information from.

My information comes direct from RC-Power which is now the OPS company

trading name i am an importer direct from them.

They are also still manufacturing car and aircraft engines with new versions being released for 2005.

Brian

If you go to Aeromarines web site they are showing the new OPS with a drum rotor.

I Just got a new OPS 21 Rear exhaust for my son's mono.

Mike

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW PICCO IS NO LONGER MAKING MARINE ENGINES TIDEWATER ENGINERING HAS A SMALL AMOUNT OF PARTS LEFT FOR THEM.OPS IS STILL KICKING YOU CAN BUY THEIR ENGINES FROM AEROMARINE AND RUM RACING.MAC AS EVERYBODY KNOWS IS CMDI I GET MY PARTS AND ENGINES FROM PHILS HOBBY SHOP.ROSSI IS STILL AROUND YOU CAN GET THEM FROM HYPERFORMANCE PRODUCTS ROSSI HAS A NEW .21 CALLED THE PIRANAH THAT SPINS LIKE AROUND 40'000 RPMS AND MAKES A TON OF POWER.OS MAX IS STILL AROUND BUT WHO CARES YOU CAN GET THEIR ENGINES FROM TOWER HOBBYS.CMB IS STILL AROUND YOU CAN GET THEIR ENGINES FROM TIDEWATER ENGINERING,RUM RACING,AND SIESMIC AMIGOS.I BELIEVE YOU CAN GET THE RUSSIAN K MOTOR FROM SPEEDMASTER/ROSSI SALES. NOVA ROSSI CAN BE BOUGHT AT SPEEDMASTER OR RUM RACING.K&B HAS 3.5 SS AND 7.5 REDHEAD OUTBOARDS AVALIBLE THE REST OF THE LINE IS DORMENT.

Mike G, the latest I saw on the CMB 35cc (gas) was a post from the swedish CMB importer at the beginning of January. He stated info at the end of January, available sometime in spring.

The bad news directly from Rossi:

We are no longer the Rossi aero/marine agent in the U.K.. Following Ugo's death the factory is now being ran by 'Sandro' his son and Paola (who speaks very good English). Sandro is a 'car man' and is rapidly expanding that side of the business. Aero engines in the 2004 catalogue = 2 and marine all discontinued except 1 or 2 .21s. Too small a range in my opinion - certainly too small to be profitable once all advertising and promotional costs are taken into account.

We apologise if this causes any inconvenience to customers who have purchased Rossi from us over the last couple of years.

Anyone interested in sending their Rossi back to us for part exchange against another new engine are welcome to do so. We will look favourably on the deal - especially if the Rossi was bought from us.

For Rossi engines and spares please contact; Rossi Motors (now Axemotor) web site

Man, this sucks, I love my Rossi Niagara/Pirahna but now parts will be a bear to find.

Man, this sucks, I love my Rossi Niagara/Pirahna but now parts will be a bear to find.
I wouldnt loose any sleep over that Ron.....I think you'll find that both the Niagra and Pirannah are marine variants of what was origionally designed as a car motor. With the exception of the car specific parts you should be able to use Black Magic and Maranello parts in those motors.

Thanks Ian, I know it is still being run in Europe but still curious as when and if production starts. :)

shoboat said:
Craig,
I think you just need to richen up on your needle a little bit. :lol:

Motors don't last long without lubrication. :D

So Richen Up Mate,

Mark Sholund

82592[/snapback]

LOL is that the secret???? hehehehe.... I kinda think one or two of those engines would have survived if the F&*%$@ Mixture control didnt fail!!! One in my twin is a definite case of "arm doesnt always move with barrel of mixture control"

I would have thought there was enough oil on your boats to survive a lean out Craig! - when was the last time you cleaned them? 1985? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron Olson said:
The bad news directly from Rossi:We are no longer the Rossi aero/marine agent in the U.K.. Following Ugo's death the factory is now being ran by 'Sandro' his son and Paola (who speaks very good English). Sandro is a 'car man' and is rapidly expanding that side of the business. Aero engines in the 2004 catalogue = 2 and marine all discontinued except 1 or 2 .21s. Too small a range in my opinion - certainly too small to be profitable once all advertising and promotional costs are taken into account.

We apologise if this causes any inconvenience to customers who have purchased Rossi from us over the last couple of years.

Anyone interested in sending their Rossi back to us for part exchange against another new engine are welcome to do so. We will look favourably on the deal - especially if the Rossi was bought from us.

For Rossi engines and spares please contact; Rossi Motors (now Axemotor) web site

82736[/snapback]

From the looks of it Rossi (AXE / RAL Micron ) have 2 21s. A sport engine (pull start?) and the niagra. As well they still list the 21 and 45 powerheads but I wonder for how long....

Latest posts

Back