engine glow plugs.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have used MC9,K&B and OD9's glow plugs they work very good with any type of engine..

julian

Is the od 89 better than the McCoy 9?
There is no comparison.

The #89 has an almost indestructible seal. I have never seen one blow a seal.

The wire used in the #89 is much better as well.

:)

B
William, Steve told me that the OD9 & OD89 have the same wire & OD89 had the premium seal. I`am testing the OD9`s this weekend, Do you see something diffferent? McCoy has Lost there minds on there prices??????? & I`am looking for BETTER PLUG. Hopefully the OD Plugs will BE IT....

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no comparison.

B
William, Steve told me that the OD9 & OD89 have the same wire & OD89 had the premium seal. I`am testing the OD9`s this weekend, Do you see something diffferent? McCoy has Lost there minds on there prices??????? & I`am looking for BETTER PLUG. Hopefully the OD Plugs will BE IT....
Joe; On Oct.12,2010 you said you ran the OD-9 at the fall nats and had a perfect score. Now you say your going to test the OD-9 plugs this weekend ?? J.ODonnell

So jack is that true about 89 and 9 having the same wire? If so I should order some. Joe is going to try to run a .45 rigger this year. question for you guys? can you run 45 on 50% nitro?

So jack is that true about 89 and 9 having the same wire? If so I should order some. Joe is going to try to run a .45 rigger this year. question for you guys? can you run 45 on 50% nitro?
Hi Misshydro; The od-89& 0d-9 do have the same wire.The difference is the od-89 has a different stem seal. J.ODonnell

There is no comparison.

B
Joe,

I never said the wire was different between the OD9 and the #89.

What I was trying to convey is that I have found the element in the #89 is superior to the element that is in the McCoy MC-9.

MissHydro,

I have ran OD9's in my .45's on 60% with no problems. The OD88's work very well also.

MissHydro,

I have ran OD9's in my .45's on 60% with no problems. The OD88's work very well also.

THANKS BUCKSHOT!! I'd wished I'd wouldve known about then. I'd ordered three cards of the cool blues two weeksago.

MissHydro,

THANKS BUCKSHOT!! I'd wished I'd wouldve known about then. I'd ordered three cards of the cool blues two weeksago.Misshydro; The blue stems will work fine in your .45`s J.ODonnell

MissHydro,

THANKS BUCKSHOT!! I'd wished I'd wouldve known about then. I'd ordered three cards of the cool blues two weeksago.Misshydro; The blue stems will work fine in your .45`s J.ODonnell
I'm running them on .12 Top nova 5p & axe rossi cobra .21 cmb and .45 rossi engines.

There is no comparison.

B
testing the #89 this weekend. Doing plug comparison this weekend too. Ran a Few OD99 last weekend in cold weather, cold water. For me it compares to the Mccoy 59. Great plug lighter hotter wire, Jack I understand the #89 is the premium plug you have for High Nitro? will get back to you on the #89

There is no comparison.

B
testing the #89 this weekend. Doing plug comparison this weekend too. Ran a Few OD99 last weekend in cold weather, cold water. For me it compares to the Mccoy 59. Great plug lighter hotter wire, Jack I understand the #89 is the premium plug you have for High Nitro? will get back to you on the #89
Joe; The question was about the od-9 plugs. J.ODonnell

There is no comparison.

B
Joe; The question was about the od-9 plugs. J.ODonnell
Will get back.... Testing Props with more Load on the same boat with od9 & od89 & MC9`s Many of todays engines will pull way more prop than before. But you got to get the diameters right to not effect lift on the rear & blow the prop out...

Back