Engine Boxes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I looked into buying nice boxes to display the engines I sell. The quote for a nice wood box was almost $30.00. The quote for a nice cardboard box with artwork was more than $12.50.

These were based on a minimum of 250 boxes, the box itself, the artwork cost, and set up charges.

I consulted several boat racers to get their opinions. And, they pretty much all said the same thing. It doesn't matter as much what is on the box as it matters what is inside the box.

Originally, the whole idea behind the A/A Products line was to provide a good product at a low retail price.

So, if I use nice boxes, my choice is to increase the price of each engine by $30.00 or $13.00.

I will stay with the cheap carboard boxes and keep the retail prices low.

I'm sorry if you like to collect the boxes your engines come in.

Al Hobbs

I looked into buying nice boxes to display the engines I sell. The quote for a nice wood box was almost $30.00. The quote for a nice cardboard box with artwork was more than $12.50.

These were based on a minimum of 250 boxes, the box itself, the artwork cost, and set up charges.

I consulted several boat racers to get their opinions. And, they pretty much all said the same thing. It doesn't matter as much what is on the box as it matters what is inside the box.

Originally, the whole idea behind the A/A Products line was to provide a good product at a low retail price.

So, if I use nice boxes, my choice is to increase the price of each engine by $30.00 or $13.00.

I will stay with the cheap carboard boxes and keep the retail prices low.

I'm sorry if you like to collect the boxes your engines come in.

Al Hobbs
Al, my brother is a self employed commercial artist. His vision in designing schemes is off the charts. You may have decals already I’m not sure, but if you would like a design for a decal for your boxes let me know, you could have a local print shop print them once he sends the design (if y’all have print shops up there in bear country). Let me know, Jeff Lutz

Al, my brother is a self employed commercial artist. His vision in designing schemes is off the charts. You may have decals already I’m not sure, but if you would like a design for a decal for your boxes let me know, you could have a local print shop print them once he sends the design (if y’all have print shops up there in bear country). Let me know, Jeff Lutz
Thanks Jedff. I do have some logos being made.

cheap.. (I am not much of a box collector) AND NOTE.. when it comes to "Fancy" art work that's for a Store shelf, not so much the rest of us.

Well it seams to me you have to put in some thing to ship it.
Get the cheapest box you can and put a sticker on it.
Don't think any one will even notice the little extra $ it will be in the long run.
You have gone threw all the trouble to do this so do it right.

Back