Electric Fuel Pumps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr gary turner

Who makes a good reliable fuel pump???

I have tried Hobbico Hanger 9 and Sullivan

The work but not well or long

I am pumping out of a 5 gal container

Any suggestions appreciated

Doc, as you know I use a system similar to yours, I’ve found the Sulivan to give me the longest life. It’s not all that good buts the best of what we have!.
John

I use a simple Hobby King electric pump on a 2 s LiFePo pack (stuck to it). The battery pack used are old receiver packs I no longer use after a season or 2 and still do ok, but I better be safe than sorry. Interestingly a 1600mAh pack can pump about 6 gallons before needing a small charge.
In the past I operated the pump on 12 Volt or a 3S, but that is too much voltage and made them last like maximum of a year. Ever switching to 2S 4 years ago I have the same pump.

i use DLE manual fuel pump for gas ( big metal gears and
aluminum pump body)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284376542930?hash=item423629aed2:g:sLUAAOSwt1VgfRN0
for nitro fuel, i use electric fuel of personal manufacture, with alu electronic box, electric fuel pump car windshield washer and lipo 3s 2200mah, car light on off button, electronic voltage controller,
beware the windshield washer pump is not resistant to gasoline
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/255020741992?hash=item3b606bb568:g:1LEAAOSwgn9gz~eD

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_150351.jpg
    IMG_20211106_150351.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20211106_150832.jpg
    IMG_20211106_150832.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211106_150541.jpg
    IMG_20211106_150541.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
Posting to keep us from arms way !!I Had switched to electric fuel pump and used them for for some time, till one of those cheap fuel pumps blew up, causing a fire. It first started at the pump and spread to my pit table till my buddie "Jack Stand" grappled the fuel box and tossed it on the ground, this was at a race.
After all was good, I carefully look at the pump to fine what caused it to catch fire and here's what I think happened.
1. The cheap pump was not an enclose unit.
2. The cheap pump must have been leaking some fuel from the nipples'.
3. The cheap switch and motor was the problem. As the switch was reverse, it must have created an electrical
spark and KABOOM, NEXT A FIRE. ----- Buy a good enclosed unit and be safe, for me I'll keep replacing hand
pumps .

Absolutely Mark, Even a spark plug cap that has been layed aside when you pull the plug for clearing out the motor, and a leaking fuel bag gone unnoticed, NOT GOOD.

As for the switch on the electric fuel pump, even if one has too install a new switch, make sure you have a switch that has a "forward // neutral // backward position ( on // off // on ). This was one of the other problem with the TFL electric fuel pump I was using, the rocker switch really did not have a natural position strong enough to hold the rocker switch in the natural ( off ) position.

OK, Will, that is one of the best electric fuel pump unit I have ever seen, think I could be persuaded to use one of this !! Like that it's an enclosed unit and looks like a very high quality and positive toggle switch, construction looks superb. The only downier is, it's from over seas ( Korea ). Any suppliers here in our own back yard or even someone that could imports this electric pump.

Most all that good looking offshore stuff will let you down.

Quality USA Pump with a pulse width modulation speed control from a 4S LiFe battery. Bullet proof if built and wired properly.

Latest posts

Back