Quantcast

Eagle restoration

Help Support intlwaters.com:

360modena

This was my first Eagle from about 16 years ago. My son Chris ran the boat for a while and decided to switch engines to a MAC84 for F hydro we gave the boat to a very good friend who raced with us. After raking a about 10 years off I decided to come back to racing. My friend had passed away and the boat was sold. Here on the forums Mark Daniels has contacted me to tell me he had the boat. It was raced hard and in very rough shape. I really bought it back for sentimental reasons but decided to restore it and race it.

Attachments

360modena

The is no question on competing. The design is fine. As long as it stays together. Lol.
Totally agree with you on the design. We ran every Eagle from .21 to twin all with MAC engines. Great boats. But as you said I sure hope it holds together.

dr gary turner

This was my first Eagle from about 16 years ago. My son Chris ran the boat for a while and decided to switch engines to a MAC84 for F hydro we gave the boat to a very good friend who raced with us. After raking a about 10 years off I decided to come back to racing. My friend had passed away and the boat was sold. Here on the forums Mark Daniels has contacted me to tell me he had the boat. It was raced hard and in very rough shape. I really bought it back for sentimental reasons but decided to restore it and race it.
Looks great. Good work

360modena

Thanks Doc. Enjoyed seeing you in Huntsville. Looking forward to coming up again and bringing a couple of boats to run with you guys.

John Seybold

Looks great, it’s crazy that I’m in the process of restoring an old Avenger spider and was considering painting it purple and green too. Yours came out awesome.

I agree with Danny, I have an old SG that runs just as good if not better than my SGX.

Bill Gibson

That boat looks awesome!
Love it when an old boat is given a second life instead of just being trashed!
Great job!!

360modena

Looks great, it’s crazy that I’m in the process of restoring an old Avenger spider and was considering painting it purple and green too. Yours came out awesome.

I agree with Danny, I have an old SG that runs just as good if not better than my SGX.
Thanks John
In my younger years I was a Mopar muscle car guy. Had purple and green Challengers. Found the paint codes and decided to see how it would look on the boat.

John Seybold

Seriously, is that plum crazy purple and sublime? I have both of those colors along with Snakeskin green ( Viper color)

360modena

Seriously, is that plum crazy purple and sublime? I have both of those colors along with Snakeskin green ( Viper color)
Yep. That’s the colors. All of my boats used to black and neon chartreuse from house of colors. Decided to try something new.

Buckshot

Wish I still had mine! Great running boat. Coming to VooDoo in Nov.?

360modena

I’ll be there. Did not get entered in time. Going to talk to Nick about a waiting list

Greg Wannamaker

Thanks. I know it is a older boat but I am going to give it a chance. Hopefully it will be competitive.
No worries about being competitive, my whole fleet of Eagles are SG’s that I have resurrected. An SG set up well will go head to head with any rigger out there and when the water gets racy the Eagles really shine. Hope you have some good fun getting back to racing your pals!

360modena

No worries about being competitive, my whole fleet of Eagles are SG’s that I have resurrected. An SG set up well will go head to head with any rigger out there and when the water gets racy the Eagles really shine. Hope you have some good fun getting back to racing your pals!
Thanks Greg

Latest posts