Dumas Deep Vee 60

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifton Gregory

I have a Dumas Deep Vee 60 wooden version I bought years ago built. It measures 38" I take it is a 60. I was wondering what would be a good motor for this boat. It has a Octura strut & rudder with 3/16 flex cable with 4" wooden mounts. Thanks

Cliff

You could run a .45 or .67 nitro motor in that boat plenty of them available on ebay k&b cmb or ops to name a few,try a octura x-455 prop with a .67 motor and a octura x-646 3 blade with the .45 motor. Good rough water boat. Rc 90 boat.

I have a Dumas Deep Vee 60 wooden version I bought years ago built. It measures 38" I take it is a 60. I was wondering what would be a good motor for this boat. It has a Octura strut & rudder with 3/16 flex cable with 4" wooden mounts. Thanks

Cliff
post a few images if you could

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are your images of the Dumas Deep Vee 60 Clifton. You probably need a few more images close-up to see better detail of drive-line set-up and rear transom. Not sure how shaft-log/stuffing box are secured to hull?

If you're serious about getting it set-up and running I would probably try to use a more conventional aluminum motor mount (most-likely a 5in wide, bolting between the inner side-walls).

Dave

Dumas_DeepVee60_CliftonGregory-IntlWaters_Sept2016_01.JPG

Dumas_DeepVee60_CliftonGregory-IntlWaters_Sept2016_02.JPG

Dumas_DeepVee60_CliftonGregory-IntlWaters_Sept2016_03.JPG

Dumas_DeepVee60_CliftonGregory-IntlWaters_Sept2016_04.JPG

Dumas_DeepVee60_CliftonGregory-IntlWaters_Sept2016_05.JPG

Latest posts

Back