Dragon Racing Tunnels - Expressions of Interest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hello All,

As some of you may know, I am about ready to release 2 of my 3 Dragon tunnel designs from the Dungeons for the world to have a taste of what they can do. Myself and a few others have been RACE testing these boats for nearly 1 year, completely funded by myself to this point. I appreciate the work done by Gabe Clegg and Darin Jordan in showing off the boats potential (especially more recently).

Some Photos and Videos fo the M11 Dragon RACING

(Sport)

- posting a 1:18 heat time on a 1500m courseIMG_17340442656765.jpeg

Kit Prices (maximum price listed below, waiting on final discount for bulk laser cutting order), which includes all laser cut components, spruce and birch plywood required for the builds and a gelcoat fibreglass cowl. Kit includes built in servo tray to suit 1off standard servo (eg HS-5645) and 2off micro servos (eg HS-85) which can be traced and a new one made to suit your requirements. There will be a full instruction manual for the build with plenty of photos and tips on making sure you get the right outcome.

Pro Built includes epoxy sealing of all internal and external surfaces and boat being ready for final finishing and assembly.

M11 Dragon (31") Kit $230.00 USD SHIPPING AND PAYPAL INCLUDED

'pro' built by myself add $190.00 USD (including extra for postage)

M18 Dragon (38") $290.00 USD SHIPPING AND PAYPAL INCLUDED

'pro' built by myself add $210.00 USD (including extra for postage)

I am not sure how long I can hold these prices as the fluctuating dollar between Aussie and USD is currently at a good place for people looking to buy products from Australia (not just myself, but the many other Australian manufacturers).

Currently I am wanting to get some numbers on who is seriously interested. Either post here, send me a PM or an email at [email protected] if your require any more information.

Thanks for looking

Kris

20-1-15 edited name of M18 (was M13)

Attachments

• 20141031_163930.jpg
    20141031_163930.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20141102_170111.jpg
    20141102_170111.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought of something, both boats are available in Nitro and FE Configurations for the same cost (different laser cutting files, they are not 1 kit does both).

Some savings can be made if you want to purchase your own Birch ply (1mm and 1.5mm for M11 and 1.5mm and 2mm for M18) and spruce/basswood stringers from a USA supplier as you pay less than we do out here.

If you are not from America then the pricing will vary slighty due to postage. Australians will benefit from better pricing also.

interested in a m11/31" nitro version, kris. i would have carried that one i asked about at brandon home, but it would have left me with no reserve for trouble on the long ride home. i would like to be among the first on the list.

I understand Robin...gotta have the backups, JUST IN CASE
default_smile.png

You will be #1 on the list my friend.

Robert, if you guys race on awsome water like we did on SUNDAY (not Saturday LOL) then the M11 will be the ticket...if you are like me, then the M... (33") will be the one to run for rougher conditions and also maybe for Outlaw 45...this boat will be release in the coming months after some more testing and tuning to ensure it is worthy of being let out of the Dungeon...

thankfully, i had an uneventful trip home. but, that also means i coulda had a dragon in my dungeon. better safe than sorry, imo. i do need to replace my vision, when i got home & examined it closer - it's totalled. cowl punctured in 2 places, walt b. tank busted wide open, radio box holed, multiple cracks in the deck & deck to hull seam split.

O MAN, I really hate to hear that about your hull...I would say it would still be salvagable...I can send you a kit for a wooden radiobox for the Vision, new cowl from Shawn, Sullivan tank and veola nearly good as new
default_smile.png

I will put you on the list my friend. I hope to ship by the end of this month, just need my cowling guy to pull his finger out! I will have a bunch of kits (looking to order 10 for now) around the 21-22 of this month.

Where do you race normally Robert?

My Main thoughts on the 33" Boat it that a larger boat catches for wind, therfore may not be able to go as fast as a 31" in windy conditions, but it would give you more of the safety factor when hitting those pesky waves which can come from odd angles.

Here in Florida we have normally semi rough to rough water Brandon is the best Lake we have for being surronded by trees, you got a taste of the winds we get here

Good work Kris! Great to see you be successful. Hopefully you sell lots of dragons.

Well looks like the first 10 kita are being accointed for very quickly :)

Thanks Bryan...you better be back ready for Winter Spec...we can deal with Jetman at night ;-)

Hey Robert.

I think the M11 can hold ita oqn in the rougher conditions...I have pushed it in some crap water and was very happy with the results.

The 33" test mule has had its seco d coat od sealer and will begin rigging it up this week...might even have her done for next weekends test session. :-D

Ill jave to get a boat by then.

i dont have a mod boat since i sold the yellow htb (which is now white and sitting in my shed as i am putting it together for the new owner lol) i do have one of Ians boats i could use i guess..

Have yo finish the lynx/os sport boat too.

You bloody better be running by then! I am sick of you northerners making excuses. Stop playing with the big boat
default_smile.png

I'm only new here, first post.

I'd like to put my name on an M11 please.

I'm in OZ.

Back