Don Pinkert

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, Pinckert Rock to be more accurate, John Bridge and I were standing right next to him when he ran his rigger into the rock on shore with what would very well have been the first 80 mph pass.

Thanks, John

I know the huge rock you're talking about, the one right in front. Doug Murrany and I tried to pull it out when the water was low but it wouldn't budge.

We named the point "Pinkert's Point" as we thought that was what he hit, it's claimed it's share of boats over the years. 😞

full

full

"Pinkert's Point", not the rock!

It was prolly going 100+ mph when it went in, if it hit the rock there'd be nothing left of it. It was buried 1/2 way into the bank. :eek:

Hey Ken,

Yes he did, then Stuart in the late 70s.

David,

I do not agree with you. Boaters like Don Pinckert have done their best to promote the hobby for years through boat kits, and numerous innovations that we all use, and benefit from in many different forms today. We have come a long way from Stinger cast rudder assemblies, Kool Clamps, and Kraft radios. Boating hardware is readily available today, and we have expanded to include gas and FE classes. I miss the development of the variety of hulls developed by many over the years, but believe today's boaters have much better equipment available to them today largely due to the efforts of boaters like Don Pinckert and many others over the years. CHEERS!!! Bob
Did anyone ever get Don's Fuel Injection units to work properly? Get idea but never got mine to run like it should. I'd like to know what Don forget.

He's got to be 60+ yrs old. So am I and I know how the brain box can rattel on w/o any logic to youngsters. We just think different, I guess.
Try 80+....Don's 87 now, and Jennifer is 77.

I always liked Don...he'd keep you on the phone a long time. The thing with him was one would learn more if they kept their ears on and their mouth off.
Haven't talked with him since maybe 1988, but think about him often.

Back